Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump shames Republicans
Quote | Reply
Someone pass me the popcorn!

Quote:
It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President.

https://twitter.com/...s/889217183930351621
Quote Reply
Re: Trump shames Republicans [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

Quote:
It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President.

https://twitter.com/...s/889217183930351621

So I gather you're a Trump fan?

In 1986, I was stationed in the Norfolk, VA area -- out of the amphibious base at Little Creek -- and his yacht, the Trump Princess, made a port call in Portsmouth, VA. It was open to the public for tours that weekend, and we all went to see it. All the stories about the boat were true. It was the most luxurious, lavish seagoing vessel I'd ever seen.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump shames Republicans [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting Wikipedia article on that ship- including connections to a James Bond movie and a Queen song

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_5KR

Trump owned it from '88 to '91-
Quote Reply
Re: Trump shames Republicans [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
Interesting Wikipedia article on that ship- including connections to a James Bond movie and a Queen song

I'm hazy on the year, because I was stationed down there from '85 to '89. It must've been '88 or '89. Regardless, the boat was very well appointed, to say the least.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a side note, when it comes to the thinking on yachts, boats and ships: I think it was admiral William "Bull" Halsey who observed that we called marine vessels "she" or "her" because it costs so much to keep them in powder and paint. ;-)

Donald Trump seems to be attracted to very glamorous -- and expensive -- "hers." That boat (boat stands for "Break Out Another Thousand (Dollars)" ;-) is emblematic of his penchant in that regard. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He took shots at both Dems and 'Pubs in his weekend tweet barrage.

Where I come from we simply say, 'Fuck all Y'all'....

Sounds like a man on the way out to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

I'm hazy on the year, because I was stationed down there from '85 to '89. It must've been '88 or '89. Regardless, the boat was very well appointed, to say the least.

Small time. I've seen Russian oligarch-owned stuff here in San Diego that make that thing look like a dinghy. Here in New York:

Last edited by: trail: Jul 23, 17 17:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:It's very sad that Republicans, even some that were carried over the line on my back, do very little to protect their President.

It seems Trump is under the impression that there are a lot of people whose job it is to protect him. First it was the FBI and now it's the job of Congress. The Republicans won't say anything against him of course so he'll continue to believe it and expect total personal loyalty.

Trump first, country second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
In 1986, I was stationed in the Norfolk, VA area -- out of the amphibious base at Little Creek -- and his yacht, the Trump Princess, made a port call in Portsmouth, VA. It was open to the public for tours that weekend, and we all went to see it. All the stories about the boat were true. It was the most luxurious, lavish seagoing vessel I'd ever seen.
I was there in the same timeframe. The Marines sent CPL Gress from the West Coast to Damneck and Little Creek for about 6months in '85 or '86.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Trump shames Republicans [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

I was there in the same timeframe. The Marines sent CPL Gress from the West Coast to Damneck and Little Creek for about 6months in '85 or '86.

Small, small world. I was Hospital Corpsman First Class back then, and I earned my commission while in Tidewater, after graduating from ODU. Dam Neck and Little Creek. To me, they were great places. Tidewater was great. But I also thought Jacksonville (Camp Lejeune and Camp Johnson) was okay, too. ;-)

Quote Reply