Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized S-Works TT vs. POC Cerebral Aero
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an info/opinions comparing the two? I've read several reviews, but I haven't been able to find any aero data comaring them. I have the Specialized, but I am intrigued by the short/no tail design helmets. Wondering if anyone has any experience wit the two. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT vs. POC Cerebral Aero [CajunCannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no point comparing other people's data on helmets.

I've tested both and one was quite a bit faster for me, but this has no bearing on how they'll work for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT vs. POC Cerebral Aero [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There is no point comparing other people's data on helmets.

This x 1000

Why there are dog aero helmets out there that should be avoided, I'm talking to you Giro Air Attack & Rudy Project, if you're not going to test buy the one you think is the most awesome looking or matches your kit the best or makes you feel the prettiest.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a long time user of this forum but this is my first post. I felt inclined to respond to this specifically because I was in your shoes (err, head space...). I was fortunate enough to work with my LBS and an online shop (with a good return policy) and tested my road helmet against both the Sworks TT and the POC cerebel (note the giro aerohead wasn't available at the time). Below is a short summary of my pros/cons.
1) on any given day / course, either visor is going to fog but the Cerebel is easier to take off and wipe clean. On my test day I couldnt get either to fog but ive had races where my helmet of choice fogged so badly i had to tuck the visor into my jersey
2) both have a snub tail design so looking around isnt going to be as much of a penalty. The overall aero efficiency will be based on your position though (as mentioned in other answers above). For me, the Cerebel was faster
3) comfort wise, once both were adjusted, i could not really differentiate between the two. the ear flaps on the Sworks are definitely harder to get over your ears in a quick transition and did
4) on the road, visibility while head tucked was in favor of the cerebel. the visor is just longer and allows for more forward visibility
5) ROAD NOISE. This was the biggest for me. I found the wind and buffeting in the sworks to be annoying. I dont feel claustrophobic or have trouble hearing in either one. But at speed, especially on descents, i found the sworks to sound like a jet engine inside the helmet. Please note, this could be that the sworks was not conducive to my position, and as such created more noise.
in short, i went with the Cerebel... Hope this helps...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there is a rule of thumb it is that short tail helmets tend to be better if you look down a lot. If you turtle reasonably well, then I would keep the Specialized. If you look down , which you shouldn't be doing but that is a different matter, the POC.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT vs. POC Cerebral Aero [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree completely. We are starting to see companies that provide mobile aero testing (STAC & velogicfit) per se that should help with such purposes as aerohelmets are really a n=1 sort of purchase depending on your position. If you can't do this, then Mike's post is a good rule of thumb.
Quote Reply