Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets
Quote | Reply
I'm not as good of a movie critic as Slowguy, but....

Just dreadful. The story was disjointed and all over the place. The special effects didn't provide any type of "Wow" factor. It seemed to be written by a 15 year old, which is why my 13 and 14 year olds loved it. I had high hopes and an open mind going in, within 20 minutes hopes were dashed and mind was closed.

Go see Dunkirk in 70mm instead.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Jul 22, 17 5:16
Quote Reply
Re: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, not surprised based on the trailer and the 2 lead actors. Shame though as I normally like Luc Besson's movies.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lead actress whose name I forget is smoken hot.

Was Dunkirk really good ? I'd like to go see it. Outside of taking my kids to the movies I haven't seen anything I wanted to watch in a theater in 10 years.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen Dunkirk yet, got tickets this coming Wednesday, but a few friends saw it last night and loved it.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boycott Dunkirk. #fakehistory All bun and burger and no fries.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, don't go see Dunkirk. There are no 'Mericans saving the day.

But, for everyone else it is a great movie. Very little dialog. Just beautiful cinematography, no CGI, just good, honest storytelling. I would recommend seeing it in IMAX. The sights and especially the sounds are outstanding. After seeing that movie I have no desire to ever be below deck on a boat again.

Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it. John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Valerien and the City of a Thousand Planets [DeVinci13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said no fries. Americans are not the ones upset at being left out of the history( I can't read the article as I'm no registered, but the headline makes the point.)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply