Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TdF 19: Almost done. Out of the Alps [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
marcag wrote:
It's a tough job but someone has to do it :-)

I know Astana gets no love on ST for obvious reasons, but spend time with the people, the docs, the riders, the mechanics, see the testers come a dozen times in a few days, listen to the stories from other teams and you see things very differently.

Had beers with Vino. Nicest guy once you get past the tough outer veneer. I committed a major faux pas in my questions and I got a good laugh from the guys.

It's been an experience!

What would I give for an evening with beers with Vino to ask him 3 questions...so can you ask them at the team bus?

1. That crazy attack into Gap with Lance and Beloki chasing when Beloki went down and Lance went cross country...was that planned or spontaneous
  2. London Olympics 2012, same thing....did he plan his attack or was it all "on instinct
  3. So tell us about your foray into age group tris

Dev

If he is there tomorrow morning I will speak to him about #1 and #2.
We talked a lot about #3 and to be honest I didn't sense tri was a big thing for him. I do think he wants to develop it at home
I wanted to u[load pic of them but ST won't allow

Thanks for the insight from inside the team bus. Resize the pic so it is under 250kbytes and it should work! I assume there will be a solid Astana squad at the Quebec World Cup races given the Argon bike connection!
Quote Reply

Prev Next