Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 (2014) - What disc wheel will fit?
Quote | Reply
Hi

I have been looking at deeper wheels for my Cervelo P2 (2014) which appears to have a slim frame and can have issues with some wheels. I am 5'2" female weighing less than 60kg

I currently use Zipp 60s.

I am open to considering -
1. Zipp 808 / 404 combo if they will fit (Cervelo have confirmed Zipp Super-9 is too tight a fit so that is out) but would probably mean also buying a 303 for windier days (time poor so dont want to be swapping out brake pads)
2. HED Jet Disc 2017 (I think the Jet Plus will be too tight a fit) but assume I should really then get a HED Jet 6 for the front (mix and match of makes doesnt feel right!)

Would really welcome views as the whole research process can become quite complex .....

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 (2014) - What disc wheel will fit? [SamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 2014 p2(latest gen) fits jet plus wheels just fine.(all of them)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 Cervelo P2 and can run a Zipp Super 9 with 25mm Continental GP TT tires with no issues.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used a Jet+ Disc on a NP2 with no issue. I didn't think the newer version of the P2 was known to have any fit problems with wheels. I have used Flo wheels and HED Jet Plus wheels on mine with no issue.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jul 20, 17 10:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies. It is all quite confusing as you guys are suggesting it should all be ok. I have posted below the response from Cervelo. I will drop Hed a note as well for completeness.

Yes the width of the Super 9 disc is on the wide side for our bikes. If you are looking for a narrower disc wheel, the HED Jet disc is much narrower (21mm external width). You have 25 mm of rim/wheel clearance in the back of a P-series frame.

The Hed Jet 2017 disc is 23mm wide. The Hed Jet Plus disc is 25mm. So Cervelo isnt quite right in stating 21mm and it would suggest the Jet Plus would be snug

You can see why I am double checking .... :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are on a 45cm P2, the new Jet Disc fits fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may help a bit..?

Quote Reply