Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
orphious wrote:
Not for nothing, but I would be pissed to if the investigation crept into my families finances away from what the investigation is supposed to be about. Further more, how can this investigation be bi-partisan? Most of the people hired are/were Clinton/Obama supporters. Muller should just stick to what he was hired to do and investigate Russian meddling in the elections.

You're a super, special kind of stupid.

Yes, some of the folks on Mueller's investigative team are Democrats. Some are Republicans. I think it's basically a 50/50 split right now. Sounds about as bi-partisan as you can get. It goes without saying (to everyone but you of course) that Mueller is a Republican who was nominated FBI Director by a Republican President.

Gee I guess you told me. Why the insults? You can disagree with out being a complete and total asshole. Or maybe yo can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not at all surprised this investigation will get into Trump's personal and business finances, but I have no investigative experience. Do you find this odd in any way?

I would find it very odd if they didn't investigate personal and business finances as that would be the most likely link between Russia and Trump, particularly in light of the fact that Trump was a businessman and Putin is reportedly to be one of the richest men in the world. If you are going to investigate collusion of any kind, I can't imagine where that wouldn't include some sort of financial favor.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 20, 17 17:58
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So let me get this straight. A guy appointed by a Trump DAG, who was formerly appointed by a Republican President to head the FBI, is somehow biased toward the Democrats. Exactly who are you going to appoint to be unbiased? Sean Hannity?
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get the memo. What were the egregious lies by CNN.?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Not for nothing, but I would be pissed to if the investigation crept into my families finances away from what the investigation is supposed to be about. Further more, how can this investigation be bi-partisan? Most of the people hired are/were Clinton/Obama supporters. Muller should just stick to what he was hired to do and investigate Russian meddling in the elections.

How about if it crept into your sex life?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Sam Harris' latest podcast features Scott Adams (creater of Dilbert), who became notable for predicting Trump's victory. Adams repeatedly resorted to the "yeah, but how do you really know" anything canard, regarding fake news, and the validity of the intelligence community's unanimous and unambiguous assessment on Russia. Essentially, he argued that it's not lying or even unreasonable for someone in Trump's position to dismiss their assessment because, hey, haven't they been wrong before? Everything is relative, nothing is certain, and acting as such shouldn't be viewed with suspicion or concern, if you buy into his logic. CNN disproportionately focuses on the negative aspects of Trump and his presidency, and on occasion gets it wrong (and corrects themselves when they do, for the most part), and now his supporters are putting them on the same level of Sandy Hook Never Happened! guy. It's irrational on it's face, but it's useful for their purposes and feeds their bias.

Harris also argued that this is precisely the problem, and why his behavior and persistent lying is problematic, and not, as Adams argued, just amoral (not immoral) and benign effective persuasion.

It was entertaining, informative, and maddening all at once.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/triggered

I've been working my way through that. I have to say I find Harris' ego or maybe it's his self-absorption hard to take sometimes but holy fuck that Adams guy has an ego the size of Jupiter. His whole argument seems to be I predicted Trump would win so everything else I say about him is accurate.

So by the end of the summer we're all suppose to be coming around from he's incompetent to well he's actually pretty good and getting a lot done.

Does anyone buy Adams' argument that part of Trump's master plan is to move the far right to the center by at first offering up his extremist positions and then having to back off from them, which the far right then accept as OK?
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Their agenda appears to be the status quo since fuck all has changed in 6 months ... seriously has anything material changed? I can't think of a thing

CNN headline of the day:

6 months, 991 tweets, 0 major legislation

Legislation comes from Congress, not the Executive Branch. Trump can only cheer lead from the Oval Office, but he cannot push the voting buttons in the House or Senate.
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Their agenda appears to be the status quo since fuck all has changed in 6 months ... seriously has anything material changed? I can't think of a thing

CNN headline of the day:

Legislation comes from Congress, not the Executive Branch. Trump can only cheer lead from the Oval Office, but he cannot push the voting buttons in the House or Senate.

So what you are saying is that Trump's agenda is out of step with the constituents of members of his own party in Congress? That, of course, assumes Trump has a coherent agenda (ha!).

Trump "only" cheerleader? He's the head of the Republican Party, and should be setting the agenda; one that meets the needs of the constituents.

And I haven't even been drinking...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:

CNN headline of the day:

What I don't get is why he doesn't bring his much (self) vaunted negotiating skills to beat and get a deal done? It's not like he even needs to convince any democrats.

This is suppose to be his forte, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has no plan. He living Fox News to Tweet to golf game to bed time. Anyone who claims he has any kind of plan is either a troll or diluted. He is a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Of course you are right but considering the GOP control both the House and Senate, it appears his cheering isn't that effective. Maybe his vaunted skills as a negotiator only work when he only surrounds himself with people who agree with everything he says. Maybe.

And, since the President isn't really responsible for legislation, they should stop referring to the ACA as Obamacare. It seemed to me that for the past 7 years, many pointed at Obama as being responsible for that legislation.

Or you can keep Obamacare but also refer to whatever detailed well thought out replacement they come up with this weekend as Trumpcare.

Quote Reply
Re: Stunning, and not at all surprising [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He's the head of the Republican Party...

Well, he's clearly not. The Party has a Chairman, and various leaders in Congress, but President Trump has never really been the head of the GOP. He was their nominee for the Presidency, but that's not the same thing. The GOP pretty clearly has a fractured agenda, but even so, Pres Trump (even as a candidate) did not really represent the leadership of that party. He specifically campaigned as an outsider from the party establishment.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next