Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

who is using their Tri-cycling shoes for general road use as well? I fell out of love with my current road cycling shoes and since I don't have dedicated tri shoes yet I thought I might just get a pair of fancy new tri shoes that I will then use for all my cycling.

When the weather is bad I am on my trainer and when it is chilly I use velotoze shoe covers...am I missing something and should get two pairs instead of just one?

Thoughts?
U
Quote Reply
Re: tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes [uw234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just came back from doing every mile of every stage of this year's Tour de France in my specialized trivents. No issues.

Jamie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used my LG tri shoes to commute to and from work every day for the past 2 1/2 years, about 15,000 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait do people have a different pair of shoes for road cycling? I just use my triathlon shoes for everything, means I don't have to worry about getting cleats exact and swapping insoles etc.

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes [tomoffat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using my super cheap Bonts as regular shoes. I'll buy some other shoes for winter, however, as they are tongueless and well ventilated, and I don't want that when it drops below 10C and starts raining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Tri shoes for all road biking (& I do at least 1 group ride per week on my road bike)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't. I do however use road shoes for tri.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri shoes and Look pedals for the tri bike, but mountain/commuter shoes and SPDs for the road bike. I like the option to be able to walk. If I'm giving up a touch of lightness and stiffness, who cares, I'm not racing.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use mine all the time as well.

Off topic: you had some great picts on your trip, some day I hope to do some of those rides :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you are a pro, I think most people just like the fashion of different shoes for each activity. I am highly unfashionable. I wear road bike shoes for longer triathlons because the are more comfortable. The tri shoes are faster on and off, so I wear those for sprints, but at longer races I am not going to podium so that 30s doesn't matter.
I also (gasp!) wear mountain bike shoes on my road and touring bikes. I can walk in them. The cleats are also much easier to clean mud or ice out of.
Quote Reply
Re: tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx. Why just 'some'? :)
Quote Reply
Re: tri cycling shoes as regular cycling shoes [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't looked at all of them yet. I'm behind on my facebook stalking
Quote Reply