Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are most endurance athletes exercise addicts? [IronLady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronLady wrote:
Triclimbski - you have actually seen people lose their relationships, houses and jobs over their exercise addiction? I never realized it can get THAT serious. I mean, I see how it can negatively impact relationships and work, but at some point, one would imagine there is always a "wake up call" before it gets that bad.

I've seen a couple IronHubbys / IronWifeys become IronExes, yes

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Are most endurance athletes exercise addicts? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
IronLady wrote:
Triclimbski - you have actually seen people lose their relationships, houses and jobs over their exercise addiction? I never realized it can get THAT serious. I mean, I see how it can negatively impact relationships and work, but at some point, one would imagine there is always a "wake up call" before it gets that bad.

I've seen a couple IronHubbys / IronWifeys become IronExes, yes

This is sounds s little dumb.

"It is not that I am bored with my marriage. I am an exercise addict I can't help myself."

"It is not that I am a self centered asshvle, who thinks that my spouses life should revolve around me.... no that's not me.... She/he has developed an exercise addiction and is not spending enough quality time watching my favorite TV shows and shopping for shoes with me."
Quote Reply
Re: Are most endurance athletes exercise addicts? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really how it went down, but let me just say the priorities and focus got skewed

Granted, there probably were issues with the relationship(s) beforehand, and deflecting or running away from those by spending so much time training didn't help, and maybe made things worse

If there was a wake-up call, it probably came before 6AM, when they were already on the road, and they simply missed it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Are most endurance athletes exercise addicts? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I freely admit that I am too busy with work, kids and triathlon to date.

But honestly, if relationships were THAT great in the first place.......I would probably find the time.

Triathlon and work be damned.
Quote Reply

Prev Next