Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona slots
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I've been searching but didn't find anything yet. I'd like to know if there is a way to know, before a race, who has already took a Kona spot from a previous race? Does WTC have a public list/database?

Thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots [jobrunelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jobrunelle wrote:
Hi,

I've been searching but didn't find anything yet. I'd like to know if there is a way to know, before a race, who has already took a Kona spot from a previous race? Does WTC have a public list/database?

Thank you very much!

No they do not. Your best chance is to get to know those who are at the top of your age-group and stalk them on social media. Just don't deflate the competitors tires in transition like...

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jul 19, 17 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much! they should have one. Would be easy to setup but I guess that would go against races marketing...

I prefer the "take a cab to race faster" way. I don't know how to change a flat tire so I have no idea where the valve is...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Back in the day" they would show in race results who had taken a slot so you could at least id some names from past races and crosscheck. Now you have no clue (that I know of) how many slots went to a race and/or where it rolled down to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hah, maybe if USAT figured out a way to do this it could win over a few haters.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only thing you can really do is check out the participant list that WTC posts (but doesn't update very often) against those signed up for your race..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jobrunelle wrote:
Hi,

Thank you very much!

No they do not. Your best chance is to get to know those who are at the top of your age-group and stalk them on social media. Just don't deflate the competitors tires in transition like...

plus 1 to this. i recently backed my way into the 70.3 WC. i say backed in becauseI was 15th I my age group and top 4 got a slot. the five hours waiting for the roll dorm ceremony was not fun thinking about how i sucked and missed my goals. but one guy had qualified already and none of the six Aussies in front of me wanted to go thst far to Chattanooga. then my age group for one more spot. that still left me on the outside but i somehow got the last spot. the point is no amount is pre race analytics would have helped, just better training.

now, im scared as i might be the slowest person in my AG who qualified :)

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply