Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newfoundland has figured it out
Quote | Reply
Run over a cop with your car? Get banished from the province.

Alberta, get ready to take in all of Ontarios criminals. We don't want them any more either.

http://www.cbc.ca/...y-banished-1.4211453

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland has figured it out [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Alberta, get ready to take in all of Ontarios criminals. We don't want them any more either.

I'm pretty sure the rest of Canada has been doing this to Victoria/Vancouver with homeless people and those with addiction issues for years now.

There was a relatively high profile case not too long ago where it was found that somewhere in Sask (maybe Saskatoon) was giving their homeless people a one way bus ticket to the coast.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, I love the fact that a Newfie who gets banished from his home island just goes to Fort Mac, or, Newfoundland West.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland has figured it out [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, duh. Fort Mac is about 80% Newf.

As for the homelessness, I didn't know that some were being bused there. I assumed they went there for the easier winters.

Suckers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland has figured it out [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I'm pretty sure the rest of Canada has been doing this to Victoria/Vancouver with homeless people and those with addiction issues for years now.

There was a relatively high profile case not too long ago where it was found that somewhere in Sask (maybe Saskatoon) was giving their homeless people a one way bus ticket to the coast.

http://www.cbc.ca/...ets-to-b-c-1.3669332
Quote Reply
Re: Newfoundland has figured it out [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have no issue with that. It was t like Sask said "lets offload these guys on BC."

They asked for tickets and they got tickets. Nobody forced them to go. Nobody asked them to go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alberta did or does it too, but I couldn't find a relevant article. BC was up in arms over it but they actually have a similar program, just one thing who the hell would want a one way bus ticket to Red Deer? Calgary doesn't have horrible winters but when compared to the average BC lower mainland or on the island, where would a homeless person pick. Sure as hell wouldn't be Edmonton or Regina.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ETA -

If what the judge did wasn't a Charter violation - and I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe all the provinces & territories should get together and kick out people like Omar Khadr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
ETA -

If what the judge did wasn't a Charter violation - and I'm pretty sure it is. Maybe all the provinces & territories should get together and kick out people like Omar Khadr.

I am pretty sure that's a violation. I was thinking the same thing. Ok, what if the rest of the provinces refuse to take him? THen what?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A province-less person? How would that work? Here's the section of the Charter that's relevant...

Quote:
Mobility of citizens

• 6.[/url] (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
  • Marginal note:Rights to move and gain livelihood
    (2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

• (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and

• (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
  • Marginal note:Limitation
    (3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to

• (a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and

• (b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they are violating his right under 6 - 2 -a.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, and if he went to Alberta Social Services they would be obligated to give him a one way bus ticket back to Newfoundland. If the judge doesn't understand that it's charter violation he has no business sitting on the bench.
Quote Reply