Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop
Quote | Reply
Gee, "husband pods" sure is a funny name for "bars". ;-)

(From the NY Post): "So a Global Harbour mall in Shanghai, China, is testing a new pilot program for men. Imagine four glass pods where men can go to play video games while whoever has better things to do, shops."

Each "husband rest cabin" comes equipped with a chair, monitor, computer, and gamepad.

Chinese mall introduces 'husband pods' for wives to leave their partners while they shop

"According to a report in the state-run news site The Paper, each individual "husband rest cabin" has a chair, monitor, computer and gamepad. Billboards in the shopping centre have been advertising the pods over the past month, and they have so far proved popular with husbands keen to stay in one place while their wives shop."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or you could just stay home and let the wife go to the mall by herself.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we've moved on from keeping just the balls in the jar to the whole man. I guess that was inevitable.

Although, if it comes with a stocked humidor and a respectable beer & liquor menu, and they fix the ventilation problem, I might submit my self to the humiliation.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

There are instances -- such as when the spousal unit demands some "quality time" together (i.e. doing things she wants to do) -- where that's simply not possible. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
So we've moved on from keeping just the balls in the jar to the whole man. I guess that was inevitable.

Although, if it comes with a stocked humidor and a respectable beer & liquor menu, and they fix the ventilation problem, I might submit my self to the humiliation.

Yes, all of those things should probably go into Husband Pod 1.1, I'd say. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple were Christmas shopping at the mall, which was packed, and as the wife walked into a store she was surprised when she looked around to find that her husband was nowhere to be seen. She was upset because they still had a lot to do, and she became so worried that she called him on his cell to ask where he was. He didn't answer despite her calling multiple times, so she started texting him as well as calling.
When he finally answered, the husband asked his wife, "Sweetheart, do you remember the jewelers we went into about five years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes honey, I do remember that shop."
He replied, "Well, there's a new bar next to it so I figured I'd grab a quick drink."
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
A couple were Christmas shopping at the mall, which was packed, and as the wife walked into a store she was surprised when she looked around to find that her husband was nowhere to be seen. She was upset because they still had a lot to do, and she became so worried that she called him on his cell to ask where he was. He didn't answer despite her calling multiple times, so she started texting him as well as calling.
When he finally answered, the husband asked his wife, "Sweetheart, do you remember the jewelers we went into about five years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes honey, I do remember that shop."
He replied, "Well, there's a new bar next to it so I figured I'd grab a quick drink."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a Whole Foods in PA just over the state line from Wilmington DE that has beer taps in it (normally the coffee bar during the day); after 5PM there's a two-beer limit and it's usually guys sitting in there while their wives shop for groceries.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
There's a Whole Foods in PA just over the state line from Wilmington DE that has beer taps in it (normally the coffee bar during the day); after 5PM there's a two-beer limit and it's usually guys sitting in there while their wives shop for groceries.

They sound like very smart men. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a beer and wine bar in our local grocery store (Wegmans), which I discovered actually has regular patrons. Who knew.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
We have a beer and wine bar in our local grocery store (Wegmans), which I discovered actually has regular patrons. Who knew.

Harris Teeter & Lowes Foods stores here in North Carolina are beginning to install bars & growler fill stations.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I was going to post in response to Brian's post that our local Wegman's all have "The Pub".
Quote Reply
Re: My Savior!: Mall Installs 'Husband Pods' for Men Who Don't Want to Shop [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both of your Wegmans are better than mine. No booze available for consumption at the 3 closest locations

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this is a step up from the asshole chairs sitting outside the dressing rooms.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:

There are instances -- such as when the spousal unit demands some "quality time" together (i.e. doing things she wants to do) -- where that's simply not possible. ;-)

This reminds me of how Bill Burr is always talking about how his wife makes his do some stupid crap. "Why would I want to sleep in on Sunday when we can go pay $52 for eggs?"
Quote Reply