Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq Axle too long?
Quote | Reply
Attempted to install my Quarq Dzero BB30 on my Felt IA16 (also BB30 according to Felt). After I put it all together, the axle seemed about 3/8" too long even with the little plastic collar/washer Quarq includes.

I am waiting. To hear back from Quarq but wondered if anyone else had ideas? There seems to be only one length of axle choice on Quarq's website- wondering if i didn't get some spacers or something? Seems those could be problematic for shifting if so.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Axle too long? [papermandeliver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Quarqs are still the same as a couple of years ago then a BB30 Quarq actually has a longer axle than a 'real' BB30 crank set. IIRC you probably need an 11mm spacer on each side - I have a Rotor BB30 crank on my P5, which has the same axle, and use an (IIRC) 11mm spacer on the drive side - BBright is wider than BB30 on the non-drive side, so I don't need any spacer on the non-drive side.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Axle too long? [papermandeliver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
papermandeliver wrote:
Attempted to install my Quarq Dzero BB30 on my Felt IA16 (also BB30 according to Felt). After I put it all together, the axle seemed about 3/8" too long even with the little plastic collar/washer Quarq includes.

I am waiting. To hear back from Quarq but wondered if anyone else had ideas? There seems to be only one length of axle choice on Quarq's website- wondering if i didn't get some spacers or something? Seems those could be problematic for shifting if so.

Thanks!

Sounds like you may be missing the 11mm DS spacer. The NDS should have a preload adjustment knob/spacer plus something like a 5mm spacer. As mentioned above, you need these to fit the 90mm spindle to the 68mm wide BB30.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Axle too long? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! Looks like I have the 11mm spacer and am missing anything resembling the preload adjuster and 5mm spacer. Hopefully can pick these up from Quarq
Quote Reply