Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can I repair the mount for my bottle holder?
Quote | Reply
My bottle holder (laying on the aero bars) normally screws into those perpendicular plates that go across my aero bars. The one plate broke right where the screw goes through. See picture below. Does anyone know of a way I could fix this myself using household items or a trip to Lowes? I was hoping to save some money by just fixing it up, also I would like to avoid ordering something because I would like to used this on a ride this weekend.

Thanks a lot for your time and advice.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: How can I repair the mount for my bottle holder? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would screw the cage to the rear plate and then use long and strong zip ties to attach the front end of the cage to the bars. That is a course repair, but the rear plate should anchor the cage from fore and aft movement, and the ties at the front should suspend it OK.
Quote Reply
Re: How can I repair the mount for my bottle holder? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would forego fixing that and just order one of these:

https://speedfil.com/shop/hydration-systems/z4-z4plus

Dead-simple mounting with 4 zip ties. Break one? Just replace the zip tie. VERY clean mounting, even with bars as far apart as yours. Will also lower the bottle down closer fitting in your forearms. I've used several BTA systems now and this one is, by far, the best, and simplest non-OEM purpose-built one that I've found.
Quote Reply
Re: How can I repair the mount for my bottle holder? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I would screw the cage to the rear plate and then use long and strong zip ties to attach the front end of the cage to the bars. That is a course repair, but the rear plate should anchor the cage from fore and aft movement, and the ties at the front should suspend it OK.

I'd actually do the opposite, I'd move the unbroken rear mount forwards, secure the front screw of the cage to it, and then use zip ties to attach the rear of the cage to your stem, you should be able to hook a zip tie to the bracket at the back of the cage. I've found just using zip ties in the front makes for an overly flexy mount.

Until of course the front mount breaks as well, and then you'll be back at square one... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never used those, just a thick piece of plastic (cut out of an older bumper),drilled holes and zip tied it.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I will see what I can do tonight with this advice.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply