Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!!
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...of_Tim_Don_6457.html

Hearing him say he'll be staying with the front pack in Kona is very good news. Can he do it? I think he can just as much as Frodo. I'm hoping for a very exciting race with Don in the mix, coming off the bike with Frodo and the Hoff, with Keine and Sanders actually coming off the the bike a tad bit ahead of that Frodo-Don-Hoff group. Yep, I think that if Sanders and Keinle can coordinate (vs Sanders pulling 98% of the way), they can get upwards of 5min going into the run if they save enough to go screaming by that front group in the last section of the bike.

Don's bike: very cool. The new DA Di2 is good locking on that bike. That new Sitero saddle looks like a winner. Wow. I think more people need to give that saddle (and the ISM PN3.0) a try just because. That said, like my experience with the PN3.0, Don has a pretty wicket upward angle for his Sitero. For me, that tilt has made a 35-40w difference in my power production on the TT bike (though it's still another 25-30w off my road power production - shorter cranks on the way, I think, will resolve that discrepancy). But back to Don's bike, the entire set up looks amazing. I mean, it would be nice to see him show up to Kona on a new unreleased 2018 Shiv, but the way he has this one set up is awesome.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Jul 18, 17 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To use The Don's own words .... It's a "Properly Durty" looking bike. I've been a fan of his for a number of years and I'm hoping he's gotten back on track after less than stellar 2015/2016 seasons in championship races.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a very impressively put together bike. Shows that the attention to details is as important or moreso than the actual bike itself. Agree with the new Shiv idea, however he has this bike pretty dang dialed.

As usual, Kona is shaping up to be epic!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmmm dont really love the orange color
good article though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't think the sitero is going to get it done. but i'm happy to be wrong. i'm all for any saddle that folks feel is comfortable while in a decent aero position.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i don't think the sitero is going to get it done. but i'm happy to be wrong. i'm all for any saddle that folks feel is comfortable while in a decent aero position.

I'd like to see its measurements and it side by side with the PN3.0. It seems to avoid the narrow opening of the gen 1 Sitero which ruled it out for folks who need true split-nose saddles. This v2 Sittero seams to keep it wide all the way to the end, and I like it's short length.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Slowman wrote:

I'd like to see its measurements and it side by side with the PN3.0. It seems to avoid the narrow opening of the gen 1 Sitero which ruled it out for folks who need true split-nose saddles. This v2 Sittero seams to keep it wide all the way to the end, and I like it's short length.

but where this v2 Sitero may not be great is for the same reason I switched form the Attack/PN1.0 to the PN3.0: the sides sloped back from the tip of the saddle to the rear creating quite a bit of rub on short seams, whereas the PN3.0 is more 'straight' for most of the nose, with a sudden flare out towards the rear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don will be dropped by mile 70. No way he will stay with the front pack. How did he fair against Kienle/Sanders/Brownlee at St George?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Don will be dropped by mile 70. No way he will stay with the front pack. How did he fair against Kienle/Sanders/Brownlee at St George?

and with that, Sanders (followed by Keinle, like at St George) will drop Frodo and the Hoff, too. But, I don't see Frodo dropping the Don. I guess we'll find out how much the moto played to Don's advantage in Brazil and his last smoking fast 70.3... here's to hoping his run talents get a chance to see the light of day in Kona.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Can he do it?

Historically I believe the standard has been ~4w/kg for the split. Of course there are surges in the men's race but Patrick Lange mentioned he did very well on that kind of power in Kona.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don's Bike & him saying he'll be staying with the Kona front bike pack...!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Not making excuses for Don, but SG was 2 or 3 weeks out from Brazil. He mentioned that he trained through St. George specifically for Brazil. He may get dropped by Kienle by mile 70 but that's only because he can drop everyone. I think Don can stay with that front group all day long. St. George, Brazil and pretty much every other race are far different than Kona, so it's hard to compare.
Quote Reply