Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Varia Radar + Aero Seatpost [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
My coach has it and likes it. The smart lights look cool too.

I love mine and it seems the cars even give me more space when they go by. Sometimes if a car is going the same speed as you from the start it does not pick them up, but you can usually hear that. I am a huge fan of it and use it every day here on the country roads. It's really helpful when you have to cross traffic to turn, as I find I don't even take a look over my shoulder until the computer shows clear, so you can stay on your line. And I fit it on my Blue aero post and attached a double set of the "o-ring" attachments to insure it. I took 2 and knotted them together for the second backup. Get one, as It's the best investment I've made for a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a recent thread where someone posted a helpful picture how to do it. Use a bit of elastic lace to stabilize the mount and then zip tie it on. Works great on my IA10.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6307561#p6307561

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it! I think it's really really helpful, and I think if your riding solo on longer rides will give you a good "car back" heads up.

Only issue I have is the radar itself doesn't have an audible beep. Only paired with an garmin edge does it beep. Maybe later generations have the audible volume.

And again it's not going to save anyone from the drunk driver or teen texter not paying attention and running your ass over. It will just allow you to know there is a car there and allow you to be much more aware.

So I think it's great. I only wish when we did group rides it beeped loud enough for our squad to hear it when we are in paceline together.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course you can. Just don't get all riled up when you get comments like mine and James. Mine first sentence was sarcastic..... the second sentence I was actually serious. I want to see you on a p5x. I seriously hope you get one. Can we talk about a 0% interest credit card? (kidding.... I know how you feel about those)

This is slowtwitch after all...... even though this place isn't what it used to be, we still need to keep things interesting around here and provide some entertainment. If there wasn't any sort of entertainment, this would be beginner triathlete or the TRS forums.

Oh and my fat thumbs mistakenly deleted my original post.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just stopping in to drop in my one line...

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An alternative is to mount it to your saddle using a saddle rail -> gopro -> Garmin adapter . It's more secure and the light more visible to upcoming traffic.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar + Aero Seatpost [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
it's very useful... if you group ride even other members of your group can link to it. (if they have a garmin)

Even if they don't link to it, the guy behind you will see the light start freaking out in response to an oncoming car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you expand on this....so if all the group uses garmin and it can link to my radar? So it'll beep for them assuming they have the correct applicable garmin edge???

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar + Aero Seatpost [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Can you expand on this....so if all the group uses garmin and it can link to my radar? So it'll beep for them assuming they have the correct applicable garmin edge???

I only had one guy link to it in my group and as long as we stayed in range of the signal it work... he saw the dot signal on his computer as well. Granted it was only a 5 person pace line but still it worked. It's been awhile since we tried it though.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 18, 17 16:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's cool Cus I use it in our small squad usually 3-5 people. So it beeps for them as well?

I guess I can see how it works, it's basically wireless technology that as long as your close together his garmin would pick up the signal.

Thank you for that info. Never thought to try that.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar + Aero Seatpost [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
That's cool Cus I use it in our small squad usually 3-5 people. So it beeps for them as well?

I guess I can see how it works, it's basically wireless technology that as long as your close together his garmin would pick up the signal.

Thank you for that info. Never thought to try that.

yes it was by accident for us as well... I was helping him with his Garmin to find sensors... and I was like hey.. my radar is showing up.

Come to think of it it should still work.. I've seen the signal on my 935 and 820 at the sametime.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 18, 17 17:48
Quote Reply

Prev Next