Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. UPDATE !
Quote | Reply
I have my three sprint A races a week apart beginning the second week of September. I'm basically starting the peak portion of my training program and abruptly need to take a full 6 -7 days were I won't be able to train but will be working 14-16hr days of labor. Will this set my back much?I've been committed to my program without missing a workout since January and I'm bummed about this.
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: Aug 26, 17 5:57
Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trust. The. Process. It will be good to break up the monotony of training with a week off. If you can, try to do some light swimming/cycling/jogging to keep ypur muscles 'awake,' but if not- no big deal. It sounds like you have been hammering training (not missing any days), so it will be good to hit the refresh button. That will leave you with a solid 5-6 weeks of good training before your race, and you will be mentally refreshed. It sounds like ypu'll be active anyway with your job which should help keep your fitness. It's not like you're wasting away on the couch skipping workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
I have my three sprint A races a week apart beginning the second week of September. I'm basically starting the peak portion of my training program and abruptly need to take a full 6 -7 days were I won't be able to train but will be working 14-16hr days of labor. Will this set my back much?I've been committed to my program without missing a workout since January and I'm bummed about this.

My guess is that it will actually be beneficial. If you could add some pep to the labor I would actually say it might be ideal Ironman training (yes I know you said sprint).

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

If your mentality is right than the week off can be beneficial. Just make sure not to rush back into crazy stuff when you start again.
Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. [Kylek42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice ! Thanks for the replies.
I kinda felt that It would actually help but the reassurance is great . Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be alright

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so things have gone completely sideways for me. My week off turned into 5 WEEKS!!
Ive been super busy moving and remodeling two houses and grossely under estimated the scope of this project.
Needless to say , not only have I not done a bit of traing, I havent been eating well or resting much at all.
I plan on resuming my training program this monday. Ive decided to abort my first of the three a races which is in two weeks. The other two are on sept 24, and oct 2nd. So I basically have 4-5 weeks to train for them.
Should I jump right back into were I left off on my plan ? Or ease into it the first week?
Run regimen is barry p, bike is tr sprint mid level, swim is tr workout with extra day .
Mon long run
Tues swim am , bike,short run pm
Wed med run, gym pm
Thurs swim am , bike , short run pm
Fri med run am , gym pm
Sat swim am , bike, short run pm
Sun rest

Probably will delete the gym sessions unless advised otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My long run is only 56 min so far @ an easy 9'pace ending around 8'. All my runs are easy pace except for a few sprints towards the end of my medium runs. My shorts are 23min bric @ 7'50" I re- structured my run program this year due to knee and ankle pain.
Went with barry p and still working on establishing a solid base. In 6 months Ive seen amazing results and zero pain.
5k in a sprint distance has gone from 8' to 6'40" .

Ill take your advise and shorten it some .
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: Aug 26, 17 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. UPDATE ! [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
14-16 hours of labor, add commute, eating, etc. That's not much sleep.
Quote Reply
Re: A complete week off training , 6 weeks out. UPDATE ! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually not much of a commute but your right , I've been getting very little rest and stress level has been high.
Lots of pizza ,roast beef sandwiches and soda too :(
Quote Reply