Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ebay - Winning an item you no longer want
Quote | Reply
I bid on a stupid car part on ebay. At the time, I thought it was something I wanted. That was 4 days ago. I don't want the item anymore. I don't need it and likely won't even use it. But, like an idiot, I set my max bid pretty high b/c, at the time, I thought I really wanted it. Now, I really, really don't want the damn thing.

There is another bidder who keeps trying to outbid me. Unfortunately, the dude is only going up a few dollars at a time. Of course, b/c I set my max bid too high, my auto-bid keeps outbidding him. Now, with just under 2 hours left, I am still the high bidder. The dude who has been trying to out-bid me for the last 4 days just put in another bid - $1.58 below my max bid! WTF?!?!?!

I just hope the dude is as rapid as some LR posters to win and puts in another bid!

Anyone else stuck with a winning bid on something you did not want?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - Winning an item you no longer want [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can retract your bid and/or lower your max. Alternatively you can send the seller an PM and ask to remove you as a bidder. Another option is that even if you win it, just don't pay, you can send the seller a note explaining politely. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback on buyers and eBay can't make you pay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I think you should still buy and install it. You'll be the talk of Sonic Burger parking lot on friday nite.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - Winning an item you no longer want [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! That's awesome.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
38 minutes left! Come on, sniper! Come on, sniper!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES!!! Sniper got it with 1:35 left to go!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I bid on a stupid car part on ebay. At the time, I thought it was something I wanted. That was 4 days ago. I don't want the item anymore. I don't need it and likely won't even use it. But, like an idiot, I set my max bid pretty high b/c, at the time, I thought I really wanted it. Now, I really, really don't want the damn thing.

There is another bidder who keeps trying to outbid me. Unfortunately, the dude is only going up a few dollars at a time. Of course, b/c I set my max bid too high, my auto-bid keeps outbidding him. Now, with just under 2 hours left, I am still the high bidder. The dude who has been trying to out-bid me for the last 4 days just put in another bid - $1.58 below my max bid! WTF?!?!?!

I just hope the dude is as rapid as some LR posters to win and puts in another bid!

Anyone else stuck with a winning bid on something you did not want?

I too am guilty of drunken eBay bidding. Chalk it up to a cost of doing business (while drinking wine)

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - Winning an item you no longer want [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least you're only buying stuff on ebay. I have a friend who's purchased three pets while on drunken spending sprees only to forget about them until the associated breeders and sellers contacted her for setting up a pickup time. Can't retract those bids!
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - Winning an item you no longer want [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
I too am guilty of drunken eBay bidding. Chalk it up to a cost of doing business (while drinking wine)

If you haven't woken up with a hazy memory of bidding on eBay then you haven't lived.
Quote Reply