Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Spectator Endurance Sport Poll [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
PushThePace wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
The Island House Triathlon: Invitational was the best thing I have watched on that list...

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Jorgensen_Murray_take_Island_House_overall_6092.html

Though...Le Tour was pretty great to watch at lunch yesterday.

How exactly does one watch Le Tour at lunch on the rest day? Was it a replay?

Must have been a replay...Ignorance is bliss, sometimes.

Hope you enjoyed the stage you saw! I didn't mean to come across as confrontational or jerkish I was just curious how others are viewing replays! I'm only able to see it streaming live and if not I'm left with the 4 minute YouTube summary video.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Best Spectator Endurance Sport Poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Halvard wrote:
I picked xc-skiing.

i'm shocked! i never would have guessed! ;-)

i thought about a poll option that was: "xc ski or track meet featuring a 1500m if a 16yo norwegian is entered."

Jakob just ran a 3000m steeplechase in 8.26, so maybe you should put that event on the poll :-)

If you are attending one of the diamond league meets in track, you are lucky. The production value live is almost better than in TV.
With big screens and several results displays it is easier to follow all the events than on TV.
I have good memories from good old Bislett stadium in Norway, and when I took my father in law down to Pre Classic here in the USA.

Biathlon has done some similar. That is why you have 30-50k spectators in Germany.

But I think the main driver in watching endurance sports is one simple thing, is it on TV.
Americans love American football on TV. For non Americans it is frustrating. The same way as xc-skiing will by boring for non-Scandinavians.

You like what you growing up with (mostly).
Quote Reply
Re: Best Spectator Endurance Sport Poll [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stream it to TV via Chromecast from the Eurosport Player App on my phone. €6/month for a Eurosport subscription. The App is a bit rubbish but the coverage is excellent. At least it is when the commentators are any combination of Declan Quigley, Sean Kelly, Rob Hatch, Brian Smith and Matt Stephens, Unfortunately they also use Carlton Kirby and his verbal diarrhea is appalling. He's blighted my enjoyment of many an hour of cycling. They also have their route reconnaisance and rider interviews with Juan Antonio Flecha which can be entertaining for a variety of reasons.
I don't know if you can access Eurosport Player in the US, but if you can I'd recommend trying it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Spectator Endurance Sport Poll [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's the exact stream I get online from a illegitimate source. I'll look into wither I can subscribe from Canada and go legit! It's especially great if I can watch replays of the biggest events in cycling.

I miss Phill Liggett's verbal diarrhea ...

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Best Spectator Endurance Sport Poll [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
my favorite thing to watch is Kona each year online. But that is just one race on one day, other Ironmans are not so TV friendly.

Maybe Kona should have been its own category..

Agree. Kona is why I voted for long distance tri. I'm a bit surprised by the low number for marathons. I always enjoy watching NYC and Boston each year and the Oly marathons. I love watching the best in the world run and the courses are usually interesting. I even enjoyed watching the Nike "stunt" from earlier this year.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jul 19, 17 7:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next