Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Want to be a Slowtwitch User Reviewer? It's the new Gatorade Endurance Formulation

As you know Gatorade has intro’d a new Endurance Formulation. This isn’t what you get at your local grocery store or gas station. This is what you get on-course in the U.S., and it’s what you purchase at specialty endurance run, tri, bike retailers (and online). As most of you consider a full or 70.3 Ironman your “A" race, those races occurring in the United States will have this new and improved formulation on course beginning with Ironman Lake Placid. The new Gatorade Endurance Formula now has no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners, uses beta-carotene for the color and it has a much lighter taste. In addition, Gatorade Endurance Formula now offers a multi-carbohydrate blend to help endurance athletes maintain performance and lower the risk of stomach discomfort during a hard training session or race (ideal benefit at 2.5 hours+).

Your reviews will be necessary, welcome and impactful because they’ll presage what your fellows will find on the course at U.S. Ironman races.

Successful applicants will meet the following qualifications and have the following duties:

- You’re training now for an upcoming race in the U.S., and will be throughout July and August;
- You aren’t sponsored by a sports nutrition company making a product in this product’s competitive set;
- Testing period is 30 days (product will be provided no-charge to you);
- You’ll use the product according to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- You’ll report your experience with the product at the end of the test period, on a Reader Forum thread you’ll find for the purpose;
- Your report will pay specific attention to mixability, drinkability, digestability, flavor over a period of time, and whatever else you consider relevant;
- Your comments may be used in a front page article that amalgamates all user reviews of that product, though you can choose the method attribution (how you wish to be identified) for any comments of yours that are quoted.
- You must provide (me) your mailing address so that your product can be shipped to you;
- You must be a registered forum user and a recipient of the Slowtwitch Weekly Newsletter.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and reside in the U.S.
- When you reply indicate your flavor choices, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, among lemon-lime, orange, cherry (lemon-lime and orange is what’s found on IM U.S. race courses).

Standard Nutritional Review Disclaimer: We offer you NO warranty about ANY product. It's up to you to perform whatever due diligence you want. For example, our science editor Jonathan Toker wrote some time back about lab accreditation. You might want to inquire of any manufacturer about the lab where the product is made. Or about the ingredients. Your choice. I'm going to add this disclaimer before every one of these User Reviews.

If you're interested, you should either say so in answer to this post on this thread or send a PM. If you DO want to send a PM, send it to STConcierge.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Want to be a Slowtwitch User Reviewer? It's the new Gatorade Endurance Formulation [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

I am interested in becoming a reviewer.

Re: Want to be a Slowtwitch User Reviewer? It's the new Gatorade Endurance Formulation [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

I'm interested. Training for 70.3 New Orleans (and other races) in the subtropical heat of coastal Alabama. 

NO

I'm interested.

Interested as well --

Definitely interested. White Lake 70.3, September

Re: Want to be a Slowtwitch User Reviewer? It's the new Gatorade Endurance Formulation [ECamp23] [ In reply to ]

Interested. Training for 70.3 WC.

Interested. Training for steelhead in august and Chicago tri.
Last edited by: tonyg420: Jul 16, 17 13:12

I'd be interested as well.

Sign me up.

Interested. Training for IMCHOO and am actually considering using solely Gatorade products during my build.

Interested

Interested, headed to IMLP this weekend and will be training through to IMAZ.

Since it'll be on the course at IMCHOO I'm interested in trying the new formula.

Have to say I haven't been a fan of Gatorade doing any long distance in the past so hopefully the new formula will live up to the hype.

Interested

David

H & A Racing

Highly interested. Training for Worlds at Choo and cannot get GEF in my area.
Thanks
t

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED

Count me in!

i am interested. I currently use the old Gatorade Endurance and am training for the IMAZ 70.3
Thanks

Re: Want to be a Slowtwitch User Reviewer? It's the new Gatorade Endurance Formulation [Jgill] [ In reply to ]

Interested! Flavor choices: lemon lime, orange, cherry!

Interested, training for a 200 mile gravel road race and was already planning on trying this out since I had good experience with the previous formula for ultra distance racing.

Lemon Lime 1
Cherry 2
Orange 3

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*

I'll toss my hat into the ring on this one. I was an early user and advocate of UCAN when it first came out and I was racing 70.3 at the time. I've raced short course the last few years and have bounced around a bit (Skratch, Osmo, etc). I *think* I accidentally tried Gatorade Endurance on course at St Anthony's this year and it sat well with me.

Edit: I have no flavor preference. A-race for me this year is Lifetime Chicago August 27th.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jul 16, 17 13:57