Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New IM Tracker
Quote | Reply
Looks like this weekend Ironman unveiled a new Athlete Tracker and App. Interface is definitely better, wonder if the backbone of it will work better updating time splits.

Re: New IM Tracker [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:
Looks like this weekend Ironman unveiled a new Athlete Tracker and App. Interface is definitely better, wonder if the backbone of it will work better updating time splits.
Watch the video stream when the pro's are coming in. The finish times will pop up well before you see them cross the line on the video.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just looking at Racine, I'm only seeing splits for the 14 mile marker on the bike. I know the swim was cancelled. Some of the pros have already entered T2 and no other splits yet.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jul 16, 17 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Just looking at Racine, I'm only seeing splits for the 14 mile marker on the bike. I know the swim was cancelled. Some of the pros have already entered T2 and no other splits yet.
Odd. It's looking good as Appleton and Reed finish.

Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you have the correct tracker, mine shows the 3 splits on bike and all splits on run and got a notification just now that top 2 have finished.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the correct tracker? An app or website? I saw sportstats website had up to date information. Is there a new app/website for tracking? All I did was go to ironman.com website

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal wrote:

I want to see swim, bike, run, total. Had to go to SportStats.Ca to get what I wanted. Not sure if your experience was any better but mine, thru Ironman was buggy, slow, and didn't show me what I wanted.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jul 16, 17 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I want to see swim, bike, run, total.
Good point. Will address.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO the new interface is worse. It's much less intuitive, requiring more manual searches. The biggest issue is the inability to search/filter/track by age group and gender. I'm not really interested in finding the participants list, copying it, then transferring each name to the tracker individually to the tracker. Maybe the designer thought this should be a tool for individuals to follow their faves, rather than a tool to follow broader categories, like age group fields.
Results by age group can be done, but not tracking, unless I'm missing something. That's a possibility!
This is the case with both Racine and UK.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [mjlrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can easily address that by going to the Leaderboard and selecting the age group you are trying to folllow.
It will sort based on last timing point. Remember for most they want a way to track where their athletes are and this really
enables them to do that. From predicted time at next split, instant notification when they cross certain mats etc...
Many features will be improved and modified as we push it further in the Triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mobile app was absolutely a godsend for those of us tracking on ground at Racine. With a TT start, we could provide accurate real time information to the athletes. It is really, really well done.

My only minor complaint would be that for athletes outside the Top 10 leaderboard in their division, it would be able to see what place they are in through the individual tracking screen.

I was really thrilled to see and use this app today. I was tracking over a dozen individuals of all speeds and it just worked near flawlessly. Well done. We've waited for this!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Thought I tried the Leaderboard. I'll try it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took another look at the Leaderboard. When I first looked at it, while the race was ongoing, I could only get the leader in an age group, no more. That's why I thought I couldn't search by age group. Now that the race is over I get the top ten in an age group. I think someone has already pointed out the top ten limit issue.
One thing I do like is that I get the same info on both my laptop and my pad. In the recent past some info was limited for pads and phones.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Tracker [mjlrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjlrun wrote:
IMO the new interface is worse. It's much less intuitive, requiring more manual searches. The biggest issue is the inability to search/filter/track by age group and gender. I'm not really interested in finding the participants list, copying it, then transferring each name to the tracker individually to the tracker. Maybe the designer thought this should be a tool for individuals to follow their faves, rather than a tool to follow broader categories, like age group fields.
Results by age group can be done, but not tracking, unless I'm missing something. That's a possibility!
This is the case with both Racine and UK.

The new site blows. Why is it giving a mobile friendly page when on desktops? I'm on a desktop ... don't need the a mobile version.
Quote Reply