Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think maybe everyone who wants to seek higher office should not be considered qualified until they have done a stint on their local town council or maybe school board. At least then they would know getting stuff done is hard.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
2016 was a death knell to normalcy.

Indeed. I long for the good ol' days when we had qualified candidates.

Like Jesse Ventura, say. Or Sarah Palin.

Stuart Smiley?
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought this was kinda funny...
https://kidrock.com/...-there-for-us-senate
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to see him in the senate. No joke. He is what the new leadership is becoming. Slow witted, undereducated, famous person with nothing to say or offer. America! We let the douches decide.
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny, I always picked him growing up poor like Eminem. The pride of the trailer park, and all that.

The truth is like that, but the total opposite:

http://www.freep.com/...unty-house/93299716/

"Kid Rock’s ancestral seat includes a 5,628-square-foot house (that has a 1,811-square-foot lower level) with indoor Jacuzzi room and a giant fireplace, as well as a large guest house, two garages that accommodate a total of five cars, and the apple orchard where Kid Rock has told biographers he once picked the red fruit."
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kid Rock is a fraud through and through.
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know that he marketed himself that way, since I don't listen to his music. It could just be my perception.

If he's a fraud, then a career in politics was inevitable!
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Two bad choices. At least one potential choice for us could be someone entertaining and who has lived an actual life with relatability to lower & middle class humans.

Wait, which one? Certainly not Kid Rock. He grew up pretty wealthy.
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He grew up wealthy and is not remotely entertaining. BK loves him because he does Coors Light commercials, "That boy drinks gross beer and doesn't really say anything. That my boy! Vote for KID!"
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit. I stand corrected. I thought he grew up blue collar. He's a self-marketing genius. OK, he's ready for politics. Beyond ready. Might as well call it in his favor now.

dhr wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Two bad choices. At least one potential choice for us could be someone entertaining and who has lived an actual life with relatability to lower & middle class humans.

Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
He grew up wealthy and is not remotely entertaining. BK loves him because he does Coors Light commercials, "That boy drinks gross beer and doesn't really say anything. That my boy! Vote for KID!"

I'm voting Libertarian in 2018, even if the Bullgod is running on one of the other tickets. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Holy shit. I stand corrected. I thought he grew up blue collar. He's a self-marketing genius. OK, he's ready for politics. Beyond ready. Might as well call it in his favor now.

dhr wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I thought his whole thing or at least what he started out as was being a "white trash" rocker, wasn't one of the lines from his hit song "...straight out of the trailer..."?
Quote Reply
Re: "Senator Kid Rock": Everything You Need to Know About His Politics [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. That's the impression I always got, but I also only know one song of his, don't even know the name or more than a couple of lyrics. I'm sure I've heard more and would recognize them. It definitely seems that he's done a bang up job marketing himself to and appealing to people in that extreme blue collar & proudly white trash group. My mind is still blown that I was so wrong about his background, head imploded.

ThisIsIt wrote:
I thought his whole thing or at least what he started out as was being a "white trash" rocker, wasn't one of the lines from his hit song "...straight out of the trailer..."?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a fellow vote thrower awayer I applaud your choice to vote your ideals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:

I have to vote my ideals these days. Certainly, the two major political parties aren't aligned with any of them. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, if more people actually had the cajones to vote their conscience instead of being idiots and voting for the two parties that continue to screw us, we'd elect some third party candidates. The majority of voters unfortunately bitch a loud game, but cower when they hit the booth, only to continue complaining the moment they emerge.

Tibbsy wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Honestly, if more people actually had the cajones to vote their conscience instead of being idiots and voting for the two parties that continue to screw us, we'd elect some third party candidates. The majority of voters unfortunately bitch a loud game, but cower when they hit the booth, only to continue complaining the moment they emerge.

Tibbsy wrote:

They fall back into their comfort zone. Psychologically, they seek the safety of the herd and they want their votes to "count." Not everyone, of course, but many. I used to be that way -- and I'd almost reflexively and vociferously defend the politicians, and the party to which they belonged, no matter what. Some of the long-timers here can vouch for that.

Also, at least in this room, I saw it as an opportunity to throw some bombs and troll of few people. My motto was "I'm not happy 'til you're not happy." That kind of blew up in my face on several occasions, including the election of 2012. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, hopeful Senator Kid Rock just released his latest tweet. Which is likely to raise his stature and political fortunes, not lower them.

Sigh. The Celebrity Era of Politics is delivering exactly what I thought it would:

Kid Rock on Twitter: "Wheels up motherfuckers. https://t.co/Joj7N4Ij3m"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling you love this but are fighting it. You are going through a phase. You are a Republican to your core but you went too far for a minute and have taken the false road of Libertarianism to heal but this kind of stuff is in your blood. Breitbart doesn't leave your soul once it's in. When you see Kid and Trump standing next to each other holding each other's hands above their heads you will get back into the swing of things. In 2020 you will excited you can stay as Trump wins a second term.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
I have a feeling you love this but are fighting it. You are going through a phase. You are a Republican to your core but you went too far for a minute and have taken the false road of Libertarianism to heal but this kind of stuff is in your blood. Breitbart doesn't leave your soul once it's in. When you see Kid and Trump standing next to each other holding each other's hands above their heads you will get back into the swing of things. In 2020 you will excited you can stay as Trump wins a second term.

Hahahahaha!

I've never written for Breitbart by the way. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You didn't write for them but you did say nice things about them. That doesn't happen unless you are one of them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
You didn't write for them but you did say nice things about them. That doesn't happen unless you are one of them

I said nice things about Andrew Breitbart. Right after he died. I don't think that the Breitbart website was up at the time. The Big Government/Big Hollywood ones were, if I remember correctly.

At any rate, he had the right idea about holding our government accountable. The problem is, both major political parties actually like big, intrusive government. It's just a matter of degree, and how they get to that end goal, all while mouthing platitudes to the proles.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 31, 17 14:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next