Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How often do pro's change their fit?
Quote | Reply
Looking back at some prior footage of Andy Potts he has changed his fit quite a few times. From high to low now seems to be up a bit again.
Quote Reply
Re: How often do pro's change their fit? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Looking back at some prior footage of Andy Potts he has changed his fit quite a few times. From high to low now seems to be up a bit again.

Depends on the pro. I'm sure Jordan will chime in and I think he more or less has ridden the same position for a long time, I know he moved his aerobar up just a smidge last year IIRC. Other pros seem to change all the time and switching bikes is no easy task. Most guys are not as detail-oriented as someone like Jordan in making sure the measurement of the old bike are accurate and then transferred to the new bike, then their is the occasional saddle change which can really affect everything based on how exactly you sit on that particular saddle.

It isn't uncommon from a fitter to take a low-approach with an athlete, but the problem with a pro athlete is they tend to be very particular, experienced, and stubborn. The realty is that at the very top being confident with your position someone is key. It is hard to be fast if you are not confident.

I change my position all the time. Last year I was really in experimental mode and I don't think I rode the same position more than a couple of rides. This year it hasn't be nearly as much but that is because I am waiting for my custom shoes and that will change everything with mid-foot cleat.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: How often do pro's change their fit? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is Jordan?
Quote Reply
Re: How often do pro's change their fit? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply