Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Purchase Advice
Quote | Reply
Someone close to me is contemplating the purchase of a Garmin. The models at the top of the list are the FENIX 5, the FORERUNNER 935, and the FORERUNNER 735XT.

Does anybody have an suggestions or pros & cons regarding any of these? The desired outcome is that the device has accurate GPS, pace, and tracking swim/bike/run workouts, and isn't too complicated to use.

Are there other makes, models, or products that should be considered?

Many thanks!
Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Purchase Advice [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read - https://www.dcrainmaker.com

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a watch guy.. so I want thin and light above all else. 935 for me. Fenix and 935 are 99% the same inside.. easy to use.

and battery life
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 15, 17 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toj wrote:
Someone close to me is contemplating the purchase of a Garmin. The models at the top of the list are the FENIX 5, the FORERUNNER 935, and the FORERUNNER 735XT.

Does anybody have an suggestions or pros & cons regarding any of these? The desired outcome is that the device has accurate GPS, pace, and tracking swim/bike/run workouts, and isn't too complicated to use.

Are there other makes, models, or products that should be considered?

Many thanks!
Ray

I have no problem recommending the 935 or 735xt, but the 920xt does all that as well and is a lot cheaper. Personally I like and currently use 735xt because of it small size and profile. The 935 looks like a huge can IMHO.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lightweight would be the 735
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for 140.6? Or want to track altitude based on a sensor vs GPS data? Scratch the 735 either way.

Otherwise take your pick of the three based on budget and looks. They're nearly identical on the inside. Fenix will be a tad heavier than the other two. Go try them on in a store if you can.
Quote Reply