Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

felt ia(xx) owners: would you buy it again?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about getting an IA 16 but can't get past the clunkiness of top tube (calpac?) storage. would you buy it again knowing the calpac situation?
Quote Reply
Re: felt ia(xx) owners: would you buy it again? [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding a team issued IA this year coming from a Dimond/Cervelo and I would buy one (Felt) in a heartbeat. Although I love the Dimond, the IA is top notch.

I do plan to keep riding a Felt. Its just a nice bike.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Last edited by: colinlaughery: Jul 15, 17 12:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I researched the IAs awhile back. It's a surprisingly heavy bike. Shockingly so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:
I'm thinking about getting an IA 16 but can't get past the clunkiness of top tube (calpac?) storage. would you buy it again knowing the calpac situation?

This is my first post, but since I own a IA16 I'll respond. I was down to a P2 and 16, I chose the 16 mainly off looks, it's looks awesome IMO. The calpac I was aware of and contacted Felt and they said late summer early fall they will have a new one that will fit the old bikes. With that I bought one. Since I have put a set of 60 Boyd's, changed the arm rest pads to ceegees and have omega X brakes and dura ace levers not yet installed.

Love the bike, wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger again.

(Tried posting a pic, can't figure it out)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slam dunk, no browner. I have an IA16, and I would buy it again. The criticisms of the calpac are grossly overstated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
petshopboy wrote:

The new Calpac will be here very soon. I've seen it, it's a big improvement, don't let that stop you. How it will be rolled out is even better, but I'll let Felt reveal that one on their own.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the IA16 I don't feel like there's anything even close bang for your buck at the $3k price point and having ridden one for a bit over a year now I have zero to complain about. Great bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an IA10, and love it. The Calpac is an irritant, but certainly not a dealbreaker at all! Probably my biggest gripe is the weight. Would I buy it again? Absolutely!
Quote Reply
Re: felt ia(xx) owners: would you buy it again? [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought an IA the very first year it was out and even had to wait 6 months after deposit for the bike to come in.

Awesome bike. I use the Calpac all the time and it's great.

I do NOT find it heavy at all. At all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a IA14 and I am really happy with it. It is a really fast bike! As others noted it is a bit heavier than other bikes, but don't really think it makes a difference for triathlon, as aerodynamics is way more important. And the calpac is not ideal but I had no problems with it, plus there should be a new improved calpac soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a 2015 IA4 on closeout and couldn't be happier. The bike is fast and comfortable.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: felt ia(xx) owners: would you buy it again? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want back and forth between the IA16 and the Cevelo P2 this winter. I ended up going with the P2 (probably because they finally make it in black!), but the IA16 is equally nice, if not better, with a more modern style frame. I do prefer the P2 storage bosses on the P2 top tube to the Felt Calpac. I got a nice Xlab bag for storage on the top tube. I would suspect Cervelo is going to re-do the P2 pretty soon and introduce a new frame style. The current frame has been around for awhile now. Good luck!

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply