Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness
Quote | Reply
No reason, other than that it was a pretty picture, for posting it. :-)

Members of the Thunderbirds, the Air Force’s air demonstration squadron, fly over Loch Ness in Scotland, July 10, 2017. The squadron flew over several bases and landmarks while preparing for the 2017 Royal International Air Tattoo in England. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Christopher Boitz

Photo: Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice pic, but the Blue Angels put on a better show in my opinion. I've seen both several times. It pains me to say it being an Air Force brat, but my Dad agrees.

I'll get to see the Blue Angels in Oshkosh in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Nice pic, but the Blue Angels put on a better show in my opinion. I've seen both several times. It pains me to say it being an Air Force brat, but my Dad agrees.

I'll get to see the Blue Angels in Oshkosh in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

Greg

I'm retired Navy, though I wasn't in aviation (other than jumping out of planes when I needed to). I've only ever seen the Blue Angels in person, at the old Naval Air Station, Miramar back in the day. I couldn't believe these fighter jets and their pilots could do the things they do, but I'm officially impressed by both the service flying teams.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pic! I grew up within a mile of an Air Force Base and loved it every year when either the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels came and would buzz our neighborhood.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pic, thanks!

Some visiting A-10s were doing touch-and-gos the other day and I could see and hear them out of my window.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Thunderbirds would fly A-10s for a change? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Nice pic, thanks!

Some visiting A-10s were doing touch-and-gos the other day and I could see and hear them out of my window.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Thunderbirds would fly A-10s for a change? :-)

Man, I'd pay good money to see that.

The Warthog is the ground pounder's best friend, by the way. It can fly low-and-slow and orbit over the battlefield for a good long time and it's practically indestructible itself. And that gun it has, plus the various other munitions, can deliver a world of hurt onto enemy ground forces and any armor they might have. We loved those things. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my favorite A-10 pic (if only because I stood atop the peak in the background once long ago).

EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska -- A KC-135R Stratotanker, 168th Air Refueling Wing, flies in formation with two F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 18th Fighter Squadron, and two A-10 Wathog II's from the 355th Fighter Squadron May 29 here. The five aircraft assigned to Eielson flew in formation for the last time due to the deactivation of the 355th FS and the 18th FS. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sergeant Rob Wieland)

Last edited by: eb: Jul 14, 17 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:

Greg

Oh man, I haven't been to Oshkosh in years I miss those days.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: USAF Thunderbirds Over Loch Ness [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the sixth visit for my son, my Dad, and myself. Dad is 86 and probably doesn't have too many Oshkosh trips left. That said, he is still an active instructor and taught my son to fly last summer at 17 years old in the same plane he taught me to fly 40 years ago. This summer, he is working on his IFR ticket with plans to become a commercial pilot later. It's a great time for us to spend together. One day, Dad will not be able to go and I am sure I will say the same thing as you, 'I miss those days.'
Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply