Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!!
Quote | Reply
Well, it ain't the garage -- because that's just too damn hot -- but it's the basement. ;-)

Let's see, today it was "Sunshine of Your Love" (Cream), "My Girl" (The Temptations), "Dock of the Bay" (Otis Redding), "Maggie May" (Rod Stewart), "And I Love Her" (The Beatles), "Shattered" (O.A.R.), "Get Ready" (Rare Earth) and "Talking in Your Sleep" (The Romantics).

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fucking awesome
Romantics are friends of mine.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
fucking awesome
Romantics are friends of mine.

Wally and those guys are great. I'm from Motown, so I loved anything they did. The spousal unit and I went to see them last month in Taylor, MI at an outdoor festival. I thought they sounded great. I'm trying to talk the other guys into doing "What I Like About You," but I don't know if they have the energy to pull it off. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good stuff. The next step is to move out of the basement to some dive bar where you'll play for free beer and nachos. I had a friend that used to play with his band every Thurs night in a local bar. He told me it beat playing in the basement even if only half a dozen people showed up. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
All good stuff. The next step is to move out of the basement to some dive bar where you'll play for free beer and nachos. I had a friend that used to play with his band every Thurs night in a local bar. He told me it beat playing in the basement even if only half a dozen people showed up. :-)

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it. ;-)

It's amazing how the bar scene NEVER changes, no matter the decade. "Will you guys work for the door?" (meaning a cut of the cover charge, which usually works out to $20 a man, even if the place is packed and they're selling booze like crazy hahahaha!). "How about this first time for free, and if I like you I'll have you back?" "We don't have anything but an open-mic night for now." Yada, yada. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no drummer?

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drummer was off to the side. We'd finished up and covered up the kit. It's a classic Ludwig set-up from 1980. Sounds awesome and it's pristine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I picked up one of these in your absence:

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Playing music together with friends is a very special thing. I miss my jamming days. Feels like it was a lifetime ago. I still can't go to a concert and secretly judge the band's skill levels.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Thursday is Band Practice Day. In the Basement. BONUS!! [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I picked up one of these in your absence:

I love Pearl drum kits. They were the first brand I'd owned back in the 1970s, mostly because of KISS and their drummer, Peter Criss. :-) That's an awesome-looking set, and haven't drums come a long way since the 60s and 70s?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply