Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: HotShot Cramp race test [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Maybe we can get an STer to send you an 18 pack of Pickle Juice shots. It is only $19. Would be interesting since you are such a big cramper to see if they work any better or worse.

Haha! Just because it seems you are the biggest fan of pickle juice, and I really like your attention to detail and your way of thinking and testing, I will definitely test those next (as Hotshot isn't an option anymore for me, price wise)! :)

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: HotShot Cramp race test [Stromlinie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
circling back, raced yesterday. I mostly swirled the liquid in my mouth for the bike and hard to say but I had a good bike. So either placebo or it works.

Tried more on the run and it seemed to help less there. But I was hesitant to do anything more than swirl in my mouth as the run was really hot and last thing I need was an upset stomach...

net net jury is still out. I have a very hard long cycling effort later this fall so will try it again, that is when I will get the full leg shivers and we can see if this works at all for me.
Quote Reply
Re: HotShot Cramp race test [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I truly hate the fact that when it comes to all these supplements that 'work for some people, but not all', I ALWAYS end up in the 'not all' group... :( Apparently I'm not very good at placebo'ing...

I was one of the beta testers for hot shots (itsthenerve), so I still have about 20 of these. I used them in at least 5 long races (70.3 and IM).
Quote Reply
Re: HotShot Cramp race test [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tend to cramp easily...even on the swim. I used Hot Shot Sunday at Musselman 70.3, and although it was not terribly hot - low 80's, sunny, with some humidity on the run...no cramps. I took one pre race (loved the Hot Shot burbs while swimming :) and one in T2 and no issues on a fairly hilly run course. I will say, though, that I used it last year at a very hot and humid Patriots 70.3 in Williamsburg, VA., and it worked, kinda...till I finished and had full leg lock cramps in both legs! I crawled to my still racked bike to get another Hot Shot...looking like Popeye going for the Spinach, found one and drank it. It took 10 minutes or so before I was able to stand up without my legs starting to cramp again. I guess my point is it can work (for me), up to a point. It seems that the taste is more mild now, compared to last year when it first came out...so it was easier to stomach. I may try pickle juice for comparison.
Quote Reply

Prev Next