Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops Jet fluid Pro vs Kinetic Road Machine
Quote | Reply
I have an older kinetic road machine. I need to purchase a new trainer and I can get the fluid pro a little cheaper. But anyone care to chime in on if they like or dislike the jet fluid pro?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Jet fluid Pro vs Kinetic Road Machine [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only have the Cycleops Fluid 2 and it seems fine. No experience with the Kinetic. However, the Cycleops is made in the USA and I believe the Kinetic is not (I could be wrong). I'm not sure if that matters to you be typically for me when all other things are equal I'll go with the USA made product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my Jet fluid pro for around 3 years now and its been working great. I use it so much there is a groove where the tire contacts the roller.

The road machine always gets good reviews. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I was considering the fluid 2 and road machine when I was trainer shopping and went with the Jet fluid pro because I found a good sale and was cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Jet fluid Pro vs Kinetic Road Machine [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does it do with sprinting or high watts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're in luck, because I have both in my house (me & the missus do our training side by side). There's not much to it, they're both excellent trainers and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either again.

In my experience - and this could be limited to my n=1 sample of either trainer - the Jet Fluid Pro is, indeed, a jet. Sounds like something's taking off right in our living room if I'm doing sprints. It's also Pro, in the sense that the easiest gear still provides decent resistance, and if you put it in the big ring you won't be wishing for more resistance. I like the large, comfy dial in the new models - mine has the old-style lever.

In comparison, the KK Road Machine is a touch quieter (they're still wheel-on fluid trainers, they're noisy!), and offers a bit less resistance for a given gear. Again, it's more of a feeling thing but I always tighten the trainer until it doesn't slip even under sudden acceleration, and the Kurt usually has me in a harder gear for a given wattage. Mind you, it's still plenty of resistance and I'm almost never in the hardest gear (and that only for specific, low-cadence high efforts).

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The things that the Kinetic gets its praises for are its smoothness and more lifelike road feel. And in my experience, whatever magic is in the roller does not wear my rear tire at all. I have thousands of miles on a GP4K2 with no visible signs of wear. So, if those attributes of the KK resonate with you, then you might want to look specifically at the Cycleops and how it compares to what you may unconsciously be used to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden both and you really can't go wrong. I own the Jet Fluid Pro personally but have spent quite a few miles on the Road.

I like the feel of the Pro slightly better, it is described better by the guy above. You have plenty of resistance if you ever need it.
Quote Reply