Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

oakley evzeros?
Quote | Reply
Looking to replace my sunglasses and was wondering if anyone has the oakley zeros and what they thought about it.

I like the fact that they are frameless and light, but wondering how they hold up. In reviews which I read, they are clear and light, but feel 'flexy' which concerns me about the longevity of the glasses. And the fact that I cannot change lenses doesn't bother me.

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: oakley evzeros? [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to durability yet, had them for a year but I only use them while racing and really only on the run. They are wonderfully light and the no frame would be great for being in aero, I suppose but my helmet has a visor. I wouldn't worry too much about the inability to change lenses, as long as you get the road prizm lenses, I have worn them in cloudy, rainy conditions and don't have a problem seeing anything. My other set are the jawbreakers and when I wear those (only for training runs and whenever I use my road helmet) I feel like i'm wearing a weighted mask compared to the zeros.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine. I actually just bought another set in a different lens color. I particularly like the frameless aspect of them. I can comfortably get my body in a very low, aero position on the bike, but I've injured my neck in the past and my neck flexibility doesn't match the rest of my body. Without the frame in the way, I get a great view with the glasses on. With M-frames or almost any other glasses, the top of the frame is directly in my line of sight which is obviously not a good situation. They are flexy and really light and feel like they might fall off, but mine never have, even on the mountain bike on rough descents.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love mine. Super light and great visibility when aero. They are not very snug above the ears, which I actually prefer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're great. Not quite as light as the original Zeros from the late '90's, but very good for TT work. That said, I'll be trying an aero helmet with shield to see if I can gain a tad better visibility when in a super aero position, as the Zero lens edge does obstruct vision a tad when very very low. They don't slide much but for over very rough roads when sweating a ton. I have to clean mine with soap and water after each ride - the frameless lens does get covered in sweat more easily, but they are also much easier to clean than glasses with a frame. Awesome on the run; forgot they were even there last 70.3.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
Looking to replace my sunglasses and was wondering if anyone has the oakley zeros and what they thought about it.

I like the fact that they are frameless and light, but wondering how they hold up. In reviews which I read, they are clear and light, but feel 'flexy' which concerns me about the longevity of the glasses. And the fact that I cannot change lenses doesn't bother me.

Any thoughts?

They are amazing for cycling and as far as I am concerned the best sunglasses for triathletes as you have complete visibility out front for TT and wide face coverage for maximum protection. Normally I don't like to recommend Oakley as they are way too expensive but Amazon has the Matte Sky Blue colorway at only $64. And at that price, they are very attractive.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have them and like them.
I like the framelessness. Good for visibility with the head down and also makes them easier to clean. I'd prefer if they didn't have the cosmetic lines on the front of the lens as it creates a slight unnecessary distortion but it's on the periphery of your vision and only just noticeable so it's not a big deal by any means.
I don't think there's any problem with excessive flex. I've had them about a year but haven't worn them a huge amount until recently due to a quiet late season last year and poor weather for much of my early season training this year (I wear different glasses with clear lenses when it's overcast). So I can't comment too much on durability, but I don't envisage a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my evzeros for about a year and have been really happy with them. I specifically wanted glasses without a top frame so that I can comfortably use them in aero. I use the glasses for pretty much every ride and run. They are light and comfortable and never a distractions. I'm also very happy with the prizm lenses that work well in low light and full daylight conditions.
I am very careful with the glasses and they are in a case when not being used and are reserved only for running/cycling, never for casual use because I really don't want to have to replace them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great visibility, super light to the point they disappear on your head, and I use them for everything sports. Really happy with them. Although, I did wash out on my MTB a couple of weeks ago, hardly anything really, and lens scratched up pretty badly and I was actually surprised how badly given they never even came off my face. So get them, but maybe don't MTB with them, or just stay upright at all times.
Quote Reply