Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Russian Hacking and Watergate? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
I think -- and I could be wrong here -- I think what yoda is trying to say is that all the Russians did was expose the truth, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. A certain part of me agrees.

Problem is, tri-yoday seems to think the "truth" that the Russians exposed was information about the Clinton e-mail/server scandal. He's declared everyone idiots, said he's tired of hearing about this issue, but he clearly doesn't have the first clue about what the allegations against Russia consist of.

The only part of his ranting that I agree with is that the word "hack" has been misused in the context of this issue. As I discussed months ago with Duffy, the press and politicians have used "hacking the election" as an umbrella phrase to include everything they may have done to influence our electoral process, cyber or otherwise.

Not really a defense but the definition for the word hack seems to be changing on a daily basis.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Russian Hacking and Watergate? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
I think -- and I could be wrong here -- I think what yoda is trying to say is that all the Russians did was expose the truth, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. A certain part of me agrees.

Problem is, tri-yoday seems to think the "truth" that the Russians exposed was information about the Clinton e-mail/server scandal. He's declared everyone idiots, said he's tired of hearing about this issue, but he clearly doesn't have the first clue about what the allegations against Russia consist of.

The only part of his ranting that I agree with is that the word "hack" has been misused in the context of this issue. As I discussed months ago with Duffy, the press and politicians have used "hacking the election" as an umbrella phrase to include everything they may have done to influence our electoral process, cyber or otherwise.

Not really a defense but the definition for the word hack seems to be changing on a daily basis.

I agree. What results is people who don't know better think someone is alleging actual computer hacking of the election, people who know better but are looking for excuses zero in on actual computer hacking, people who are lazy with their words use it to mean a general interference, and people who otherwise know what they're talking about get stuck in loops trying to define the actual conversation.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Russian Hacking and Watergate? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Move on. You lost. There will not be another election. Read the Constitution, understand how our system works, and get a life.

But you're viewing everything through the lens of tribal affiliation. You have a visceral dislike of Hillary and co., and Trump was anti-Hillary. Therefore anyone who's against Trump must like Hillary.

But at some point, I'd suggest you and tri_yoda try to pull the lens back a little bit and view Trump in a context independent of tribe. I'm sure you could claim I should do the same thing (maybe making the false conclusion that I must be pro-Hillary because I'm anti-Trump now, so committed we are to binary tribalism), I think the "it's all normal, just move along" position is becoming increasingly untenable.
Quote Reply
Re: Russian Hacking and Watergate? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:

Move on. You lost. There will not be another election. Read the Constitution, understand how our system works, and get a life.

But you're viewing everything through the lens of tribal affiliation. You have a visceral dislike of Hillary and co., and Trump was anti-Hillary. Therefore anyone who's against Trump must like Hillary.

But at some point, I'd suggest you and tri_yoda try to pull the lens back a little bit and view Trump in a context independent of tribe. I'm sure you could claim I should do the same thing (maybe making the false conclusion that I must be pro-Hillary because I'm anti-Trump now, so committed we are to binary tribalism), I think the "it's all normal, just move along" position is becoming increasingly untenable.

This is his typical diversionary tactic. Always bring it back to "You lost. Get over it." He won't pull back the lens because framing the issue as a tribal battle is the Trumpian way to 'win' every argument. The fact that some of you want to engage him on this is baffling. It will always come back to "You lost. Get over it."

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Russian Hacking and Watergate? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fact that some of you want to engage him on this is baffling. It will always come back to "You lost. Get over it."

We keep hoping, beyond hope that he will engage in a reasonable discussion like others have.

I know that's incredibly naive and bordering on crazy talk but we can still try.

Quote Reply

Prev Next