colinlaughery wrote:
Im in. Get in Thursday. UBU? Beer?

Any info on water temp?
Yesterday it was 68.
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Getting there in the early afternoon. Have seen the schedule for pick up and won't have a problem.

Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [jayblam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayblam wrote:
I'm getting in Friday afternoon. First ever IM. Looking forward to it. I think.

Congrats! Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there (and at the Pub) Thursday. Working reg all day Friday. Sat probably do something athletic. Costuming all day Race Day.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water temp was 71 today, likely will drop a degree or two over the next couple of days due to weather forecast.

This will be my first IM! Got here Tuesday staying until Tuesday next week, really enjoying the vibe of the town!!

Good luck to everyone racing!!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mpkai [ In reply to ]
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [mpkai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest calling up High Peaks Cyclery and Placid Planet and see what they stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello all, racing tomorrow and it appears bike and run bags don't need to be checked in today from guide, just bike. Is this correct? I assume this is a LP policy because of frequent rain?

Cheers and good luck to everyone tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Hello all, racing tomorrow and it appears bike and run bags don't need to be checked in today from guide, just bike. Is this correct? I assume this is a LP policy because of frequent rain?

Cheers and good luck to everyone tomorrow.

That is not my understanding. I think special needs can be dropped tomorrow, but I thought the main bags go today.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, probably so and has been that way for all the others I have done. The event schedule outline is not in agreement with text. I will stick to the usual drill and drop bags today and supplement with nutrition in the morning.

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Placid Planet for the win! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say good luck to all of you racing. I have done this race 11 times and it is really like home to me, but have not been back in several years. If is not too late, I hope this article which I wrote in 2013 can help you in terms of visualizing the race. I should have posted it earlier in this thread:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...acid_guide_3785.html
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I just wanted to say good luck to all of you racing. I have done this race 11 times and it is really like home to me, but have not been back in several years. If is not too late, I hope this article which I wrote in 2013 can help you in terms of visualizing the race. I should have posted it earlier in this thread:

Thanks Dev -- I have read this thing about 10x already in prep for my first IMLP tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid roll call and meet up [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Thanks Dev -- I have read this thing about 10x already in prep for my first IMLP tomorrow.

Rip it up and have fun...my best races were when I was ready to attack the three bears on loop 2....everything up to that was just a long 100 mile commute before the last 12 miles on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next