Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lightweight glove that isn't black
Quote | Reply
It doesn't get very cold in Australia. It's about 8 degrees (not sure what that is in Imperial) on a cool Melbourne evening in July, which necessitates gloves, but not the ski-glove things that some stores sell.

I'd really like a lightweight glove that comes in bright and/or reflective colours, for turn signalling when I'm riding in traffic. Right now I have the option of something too warm to wear more than a few minutes, or something black.

Any suggestions?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Lightweight glove that isn't black [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd look into MTB gloves. Something like:

https://www.foxracing.com/...list20001.130?cc=130
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear full fingered gloves all year round in Savannah, Ga (trust me it's hot and humid by any reasonable person's definition). Currently I am wearing Gloves from ridgesupplysocks.com. They are light weight and come in a couple of colors and are really well made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not clear if you mean short fingered or full fingered cycling gloves.
8 degC is borderline between the two for lots of people, myself included.
I use Pearl Izumi Cyclone full finger gloves from freezing to maybe 8-10deg C. These are much slimmer than many full finger gloves and certainly nothing like ski-gloves. Mine are black and fluorescent yellow with reflective highlights. Very visible for signalling.
My current short finger gloves are Sportful Gruppetto Pro and Sportful R&D Cima.
Both are very lightweight, especially the R&D Cima's which are incredibly minimal. Both have modest but sufficient padding which I really like and provide very good bar grip. I used to use Gore short finger gloves. I got the Gruppettos a few months ago followed by the R&D Cimas. I'm delighted with them and haven't worn the Gores since. The Sportful gloves are easily the most comfortable I've ever tried. It may be somewhat down to hand shape and personal preference but I'd still highly recommend trying them.
Quote Reply