Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to increase rider safety on descents in the Tour de France [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KathyG wrote:
The tour lost 13 riders on Stage 9 if I have the numbers right.
You are including hors délai riders. These are guys that were having trouble going uphill, like Demare.

KathyG wrote:
Having 30K after the climb makes the climb less important as riders can catch back up and those who risk more and descent bravely have opportunity to gain time, but there is a risk. The reward to being the best climber is gone on a few stages.
There have always been large downhill in the tour, and mountain stages that finish on the flat after a descent. It's not a race to be the best climber, but the best three week rider over a variety of terrain. Remember that riders like Nibali and Savoldelli won tours because of their descending skills. I don't consider them less valid champions.

KathyG wrote:
The tour can't have top notch safety and a crit in GA can?
It's not hard to pad a short, flat city course. It is hard to pad 10s of km of variable terrain.

Quote Reply
Re: How to increase rider safety on descents in the Tour de France [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KathyG wrote:

It used to be competitive in GC you had to time trial well and climb as one of the best in the peleton now you need to be able to descend well too.

It's called being a complete rider. They can always choose to hit their brakes and ride cautiously. Froome upped his descending game over the years, no reason others can't also.
Quote Reply
Re: How to increase rider safety on descents in the Tour de France [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they should get all the riders together in a large warehouse and do each stage on Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: HOW TO INCREASE RIDER SAFETY ON DESCENTS TOUR DE FRANCE [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are your posts serious or are you trying to get a rise out of people. Either way, agree with the above. Millennials... sheeesh. May I suggest you spend time practicing your selfies and leave the TDF discussions to the adults.

marathonrunner wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Wouldn't you say Porte being held as the favorite was premature? Before his crash he was 2 minutes behind the yellow jersey and I Just thought it was arrogant of him to think he could win it all.

you know nothing...

So how far behind was Porte before the crash?

39s

That is still quite a bit and why it's never. A good idea to allow anyone to boast on your behalf.if he was favored he should have been leading not trailing. He obviously wasn't taking enough ped to keep up and/or he was over rated
Quote Reply
Re: HOW TO INCREASE RIDER SAFETY ON DESCENTS TOUR DE FRANCE [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Are your posts serious or are you trying to get a rise out of people. Either way, agree with the above. Millennials... sheeesh. May I suggest you spend time practicing your selfies and leave the TDF discussions to the adults.

marathonrunner wrote:
spntrxi wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Wouldn't you say Porte being held as the favorite was premature? Before his crash he was 2 minutes behind the yellow jersey and I Just thought it was arrogant of him to think he could win it all.

you know nothing...

So how far behind was Porte before the crash?

39s

That is still quite a bit and why it's never. A good idea to allow anyone to boast on your behalf.if he was favored he should have been leading not trailing. He obviously wasn't taking enough ped to keep up and/or he was over rated

I am not a millinium and I would never vote for a Democrat been a republican always
Quote Reply
Re: HOW TO INCREASE RIDER SAFETY ON DESCENTS TOUR DE FRANCE [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
Quote:
If the riders don't like it ride slower.

This! Roads are not inherently dangerous. It's how we use them that makes them dangerous. Racing by it's nature pushes competitors to push boundaries. It's up to the competitors to decide how close to the edge they go.

"Brakes are a means of expressing Fear" - HST

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: HOW TO INCREASE RIDER SAFETY ON DESCENTS TOUR DE FRANCE [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

you accuse porte of doping. although you worry 'not enough'.

what is your reason for this?
Quote Reply

Prev Next