Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
That's not what it said. It said this:

"To qualify for the 2018 Life Time Tri New York City Championship, International distance athletes must either place in the top three of their age group or competitive class, or cross a Life Time Tri finish line placing in the top half of their age group, in at least two separate regions during the qualifying race season, which concludes at the 2018 Life Time Tri CapTex Triathlon. "

The two options to qualify are that you have to place:

1. Top 3 in AG or competitive class (in 1 race)

OR

2. Cross finish line in top half of AG in at least 2 races in at least 2 separate regions. (Regions are not detailed anywhere I could see but probably doesn't matter because of further fine print below).

Here it is made abundantly clear:

http://www.nyctri.com/raceinfo/championship/

And the fine print for the multiple region, top half in AG, option:

"Qualifying participants are required to contact events@lifetimefitness.com to request guaranteed entry. The multi-region entry is limited to the first 100 applicants. Requests for the 2018 Championship event must be requested and processed by EOD October 27, 2017."

And that effectively means 2 of the next 4 races and maybe only 2 of the next 3 races because option 1 was qualified to include San Diego sprint but option 2 was not.

perhaps they should have hired someone with an english degree to write their content heh, thanks

so.... i just tried to sign up for san diego, and they are requiring usat membership...
Last edited by: synthetic: Jul 11, 17 19:49
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Zero interest. I love the stuff USAT does.

what is that stuff?

All I've seen from USAT are very long-winded emails from Barry Siff attempting to justify their existence.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
seeyouincourt wrote:
That's not what it said. It said this:

"To qualify for the 2018 Life Time Tri New York City Championship, International distance athletes must either place in the top three of their age group or competitive class, or cross a Life Time Tri finish line placing in the top half of their age group, in at least two separate regions during the qualifying race season, which concludes at the 2018 Life Time Tri CapTex Triathlon. "

The two options to qualify are that you have to place:

1. Top 3 in AG or competitive class (in 1 race)

OR

2. Cross finish line in top half of AG in at least 2 races in at least 2 separate regions. (Regions are not detailed anywhere I could see but probably doesn't matter because of further fine print below).

Here it is made abundantly clear:

http://www.nyctri.com/raceinfo/championship/

And the fine print for the multiple region, top half in AG, option:

"Qualifying participants are required to contact events@lifetimefitness.com to request guaranteed entry. The multi-region entry is limited to the first 100 applicants. Requests for the 2018 Championship event must be requested and processed by EOD October 27, 2017."

And that effectively means 2 of the next 4 races and maybe only 2 of the next 3 races because option 1 was qualified to include San Diego sprint but option 2 was not.

perhaps they should have hired someone with an english degree to write their content heh, thanks

so.... i just tried to sign up for san diego, and they are requiring usat membership...

This is not to go into effect until 2018 season.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm convinced, at this point, the only solution to drafting is technological.

Sounds complicated. There's an easy button out there, waiting to be pushed. It's called "draft legal." On road bikes without aero bars. I know, it's dangerous. But so is what we have now. If we're going to have drafting, which we all know we do, especially at large-field races, let's at least get everybody's heads up and their hands on the brakes.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [albertok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the NYC Triathlon all that? Am I the only one that just can't get excited about swimming in the Hudson and all the logistics hassle of a short course race in a mega city? More power to Lifetime and I wish them the greatest success, but that is a series that just isn't calling to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Zero interest. I love the stuff USAT does.

What do they do?
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you... but I'd be into it at least for a one time deal. My wife LOVES NYC and she books all of our travel for races... so she'd be pumped for that.

Never swam in the Hudson, but I've raced in the Potomac twice recently, which seems like a similar body of water... try to not take on much water in my mouth and got stung by a jelly fish.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

Sounds complicated. There's an easy button out there, waiting to be pushed. It's called "draft legal." On road bikes without aero bars. I know, it's dangerous. But so is what we have now. If we're going to have drafting, which we all know we do, especially at large-field races, let's at least get everybody's heads up and their hands on the brakes.

Why do you say that? I've done five draft legal races in the past 18 months and I did not find them "dangerous". They bike leg requires a bit more attention if you're riding in a pack but I don't think it's dangerous.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to make the wife happy!! I lived in D.C. twice and have run the paths along the Potomac more times than I care to count...never swam in it and never intend to.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this awesome!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could there be another hidden agenda? By ditching USAT do they dodge anti doping rules? If so they can promote their anti aging hormone therapies at their events.

https://www.lifetimefitness.com/spa/spa-medispa.html

http://www.desotosport.com
http://www.ceepo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
Why do you say that? I've done five draft legal races in the past 18 months and I did not find them "dangerous". They bike leg requires a bit more attention if you're riding in a pack but I don't think it's dangerous.

Are you a Pro or living outside the US? I'll most likely be racing in Sarasota in October but other than that, I haven't come across many AG draft legal races.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im-a-miler wrote:

Are you a Pro or living outside the US? I'll most likely be racing in Sarasota in October but other than that, I haven't come across many AG draft legal races.

No, just a lowly AGer. from the Boston area. The only DL races I'm aware of are the USAT Worlds Qualifiers and there have been five since 2015: Clermont Tri & Du (2015), New Orleans Tri & Du (2016) and Bend Du (2017).
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im-a-miler wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:

Been one I have done for years, called the Golden State Tri in October. Draft legal. Closed roads. TT bikes. Never had an issue

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [albertok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is obviously nonsense given that I quote their use of 2017 dates. If it did not go into effect until 2018, then how could you process the entry by October 27, 2017? Did you even read this bro?
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Drops USAT for 2018, Implements a Ton of Changes [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finish top half in 2 separate events, then be one of the first 100 to request entry. Sounds like WTC offering extra Kona slots at weaker IM venues... except NYC is NOT Kona ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next