Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taking the Crank length, Run Cadence association to Swimming...
Quote | Reply
So, with shorter crank length leading to/allowing for higher cadence on the bike and that possibly being closer to a person's run cadence and that possibly having an advantage, I'm going to have a 170mm left crank arm and 162.5 right crank arm because I breath only to my left while swimming and at speed sometimes have a slight gallop, so in addition to wanting my run to be synced to my bike, I'm syncing my swim with my run. 3/10?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the Crank length, Run Cadence association to Swimming... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, you just made my day
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the Crank length, Run Cadence association to Swimming... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You run 120 strides per minute?! You must have shorter legs than Michael Johnson!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually Jens here on ST was running a 172.5 on one leg and 170 on another due to leg length discrpency. The standard option seems to be shimming, but the size of circle stays identical, one is just lifted. Jens decided to make a smaller circle for his short leg.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the Crank length, Run Cadence association to Swimming... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an option I hadn't considered. If I understand correctly, the shorter crank arm was for the shorter leg? According to some X-ray images I had done some years back that had metal yardsticks next to each leg my left leg is 20mm shorter than my right leg. To the puzzlement of some PTs and podiatrists I've seen, I've adapted better than they thought I could but issues still pop up from time to time.
Quote Reply