Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats new in Goggles?
Quote | Reply
So I have been away from swimming for a couple of years. I used to wear TYR Nest Pro and then switched to a Speedo brand goggle. I have tried just about everything out there at one time or another. Just curious if there is anything new out there that has really changed the game. I am curious about the ROKA goggles, but don't care what brand I use. Most important to me has always been how well they seal (leak proof) and field of view. Thank for any help
Last edited by: dwgrenle: Jul 10, 17 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Googles? [dwgrenle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a new reverse image search.

Edit: you fixed it! :) Sorry I had to.

I use Speedo air seal XR mirrored (the new ones with adjustable nose piece) and spray every other swim with 50/50 solution of baby shampoo and water. I've tried lots of goggles. Love these. Other goggles work but this one is the best for me.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Jul 10, 17 9:39
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Goggles? [dwgrenle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka created goggles with different tints. Their goggles are really good. I have the F1 for the pool and the R1 for racing.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everybody has a different level of comfort when it comes to goggles. So trying different things on can help.

Do you like a smaller goggle or a larger goggle?

We launched the MP XCEED goggle last year. Great sealing properties, easy adjustment, and very comfortable. The XCEED also implements a curved lens in a smaller lens goggle, which helps to improve peripheral vision. There are multiple lens treatments available.
XCEED:

If you are looking for a larger lens, have you tried the Aqua Sphere Kayenne?

Aqua Sphere Kayenne: (Multiple lens treatments available as well)

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Goggles? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Roka created goggles with different tints. Their goggles are really good. I have the F1 for the pool and the R1 for racing.
Traditionally I've worn Kayenne goggles, but I get leaks on my right eye sometimes with them... recently snagged a pair of the above Roka R1s (amber mirror tint) and they fit great, no leaks. Vision is also really good with them so far, orange and yellow buoys more easily picked up... really like them so far.

Goggles are a lot like wetsuits... rule number one, find the one that fits you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have a swimming background and used to swear by swedish type goggles... Started wearing them back in the late 80s and still do so these days in the pool... Can't beat the price at $4 a pair!
Last years, Blue Seventy goggles are my favorite for open water/competition. Better field of view, sighting-friendly and good quality overall...
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Goggles? [nikane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still use my Swans mirrored Ironman from.. what.. late 80's early 90s..

I actually used those MP last time out and will save them for the pool.. the visibility is not great in open water. The Roka R1 looks like something I might try in the future for open water.
Last edited by: spntrxi: Jul 10, 17 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orca's goggles are pretty nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Goggles? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I actually used those MP last time out and will save them for the pool.. the visibility is not great in open water. "

Interesting take. I had the opposite experience, especially this week with a tinted pair. I've used a lot of goggles over the last 35 years and I like these MPs better than most for open water. My original clear pair was maybe not so good when sighting into the sun. But the mirror tinted pair was great. Better than most I've used.

Probably just individual morphology or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Whats new in Goggles? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wore my Kayennes this weekend in pretty rough surf and current without any issues.

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Kayennes and a pair of Vorgees (Vorrtech Xtreme). Both fit well, but I find I use my Vorgees more, because with the Kayennes, it looks like I've been punched in the eyes for about 2-3hrs after I swim... I keep both pairs in my swim bag, in case one falls out when swapping out my other gear so that I've always got a pair...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dwgrenle wrote:
So I have been away from swimming for a couple of years. I used to wear TYR Nest Pro and then switched to a Speedo brand goggle. I have tried just about everything out there at one time or another. Just curious if there is anything new out there that has really changed the game. I am curious about the ROKA goggles, but don't care what brand I use. Most important to me has always been how well they seal (leak proof) and field of view. Thank for any help

Hey dwgrenle!
We have 5 different goggles available in a range of SPCTRM lens colors to try and create the best experience possible in the water. If you enjoyed your Nest Pro goggles then the F2 should be very similar in size and would work great in the pool.
https://www.roka.com/collections/goggles/products/f2-goggle

Our R1 goggle is a similar size, and utilizes a retroscopic lens to create a clearer sight line to buoys in open water and make it so you don't have to lift you head as far to see them.
https://www.roka.com/collections/goggles/products/r1-goggle

As with any goggle, finding the right fit is critical, so we do allow you 30 days to figure out if they are going to be the right fit and feel. Within those first 30 days we can get your goggles switched out for a pair that will work better for you.

If you have any specific questions you can shoot us an email at support@roka.com or give us a call from 7:30a-8p CST Monday-Friday and 9a-5pm on Saturday at 877-985-7652.

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
how well they seal (leak proof) and field of view

I have been buying my son TYR Tracer Racing goggles. I predominantly wear speedo but tried his on the other day and they were extremely comfortable.
It must be from wearing swedes in HS and college but besides what I quoted above the other thing for me in is price. I can't fathom spending more then 15 to $20 tops for a pair of goggles.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply