Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training advice, rest for a week?
Quote | Reply
I realize there are many variables involved but hoping some may have personal experiences to share.
40yo male, entering in to 3rd year of triathlon training. Last year trained about 540hrs, this year set up ATP in TP for 10% more. Completed IMTX in April and began training for NOLA 70.3 about a week later. Recovery days are typically swim only days once per week or 2. Viewing TP data, my running pace and even bike power peaked about Feb / Mar. I feel like I should be stronger / faster than I am (maybe I'm just delusional), and am physically struggling to get 14 or 15hr training weeks in. I realize this is more challenging during summer months as evening workouts and less sleep are more common. I would like opinions on modifying my training as follows:
With 15 weeks left to NOLA, I'm thinking of taking 1 or 2 weeks and only train about 5hrs per week at a higher intensity (not including any strength training). A coaching friend of mine suggested moving some of his athletes to a three week cycle during the summer (Texas Heat is taxing).
Last edited by: ahuebel: Jul 10, 17 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Training advice, rest for a week? [ahuebel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no long distance training, but at 45, a week of rest does me a ton of good. If I am on a consistent and hard schedule, I don't lose performance with a week of rest. Just my experience. Also, all my training is do-it-yourself with ST and a few books as guides...
Quote Reply