Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks?
Quote | Reply
My weight and BF% show up in TP when I weigh...but other metrics do not.....would like to at least get the hydration % to do the same, but can't figure out where to go to get that to show up? Anyone use these products and know if it can be done?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
My weight and BF% show up in TP when I weigh...but other metrics do not.....would like to at least get the hydration % to do the same, but can't figure out where to go to get that to show up? Anyone use these products and know if it can be done?

I use Withings but my scale only measures BF, BMI and Weight. All sync fine with TP.

Paulo Matos
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pmatos wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

I use Withings but my scale only measures BF, BMI and Weight. All sync fine with TP.

+1

I don't track my hydration other than mentally keeping track and watching my urine colour.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if this will help you, but I recall that in TP you can select which metrics show up in the metrics box. Does TP have a field for hydration % you need to enable?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I've been using Withings scales pretty much since they introduced their first model but I've only recently started looking into TrainingPeaks as my central data/performance management system.

However, since they had to rebrand as Nokia I am unable to unable the TrainingPeaks sync - where does Nokia hide it? Can't be that hard, their apps and web sites are pretty basic, so maybe it is only accessible via knowing the correct URL.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Nokia takeover of Withings has been a grade-A clusterf*** for everyone involved. When they launched the new Nokia Health Mate they crippled a lot of the functionality that the old Withings system had in place.

You can see which accounts are linked by going on the Nokia Health Mate webpage and clicking on your user icon in the top-right, clicking on "Settings", click on the required user at the top and then click on "Manage My Partners", however there doesn't seem to be a way to add new partners in here.

Having a quick browse through their Help Section the only help article I could find lead to (yet another) broken link that was obviously screwed up in the rebrand. Perhaps fire them an email and see if they can help out?

I'm just about ready to jump ship now to be honest, it doesn't seem as though Nokia have any intentions of fixing the problems that they've made for themselves. It's quite impressive how they've managed to turn a great ecosystem of products into a barely functioning mess in less than a year!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 to that. They definitely downgraded the experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [fmulcahy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a (very!) kludgy way to do this if you're interested.

Sync your Nokia (Withings) data to the Apple Health IOS app.

Sync your Apple Health data to TP via an app called Fitness Syncer - but this costs $3.99 a month.

FFS Nokia - just get your sh*t together and sync directly to TP pls.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is still looking to link HealthMate with TrainingPeaks I just found the URL to create the link, and it does seem to work:
https://account.health.nokia.com/connect/account_login

There does not appear to be any way to find this in the HealthMate app or portal, but TrainingPeaks has an article that references this link:
https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/204070144-Withings-products

I'm still looking at whether metrics other than body fat and weight can come over, but at least it is better than nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [scoobz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow thank you. Been waiting for that for a while and I never would have found that since its not in the app.

I have been using myfitnesspal for several years to get my withings scale in to training peaks (withings -> myfitnesspal -> tp)

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Wow thank you. Been waiting for that for a while and I never would have found that since its not in the app.

I have been using myfitnesspal for several years to get my withings scale in to training peaks (withings -> myfitnesspal -> tp)

+1

This is what I do but I don't track hydration % as this is not a real metric it's some algorithm invented by Nokia/Withings. Just look at the colour of your urine.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting to see that Nokia are continuing their slow dismantling of everything they inherited from Withings, this time by intentionally crippling their flagship device and refunding customers:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/22/16919088/nokia-body-cardio-smart-scale-pulse-wave-velocity-feature-regulatory-approval-fda-feature-removed

You really have to question who is doing the due diligence over there...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Withings/Nokia Scale and Training Peaks? [scoobz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are people still looking for solutions to sync the advanced weight metrics out of Withings into TP? Are there other platforms you'd like to sync with (TrainerRoad, Strava, etc..)?

I built an app for Withings -> Garmin Connect, https://smartscalesync.com/ which was difficult because Garmin doesn't have any free 3rd party APIs. It syncs all the metrics available from withings (weight, body fat %, water %, bone mass, muscle mass).
Quote Reply