Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AWA question
Quote | Reply
None wetsuit swim and you elect to use a wetsuit do you still get AWA points. I do know you are not eligible for age group awards.
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
None wetsuit swim and you elect to use a wetsuit do you still get AWA points. I do know you are not eligible for age group awards.

Probably
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You get the minimum points (1000) for full distance
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrunkIrishman wrote:

Not true as far as I can see based on Ironman's own site. Post a link if you to support what you said.

http://m.ironman.com/...e/points-system.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
DrunkIrishman wrote:

Not true as far as I can see based on Ironman's own site. Post a link if you to support what you said.

You might want to read paragraph 3 of the link you posted.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
test wrote:
DrunkIrishman wrote:

You might want to read paragraph 3 of the link you posted.

I got the base minimum for IM Texas where I wore a wetsuit.

ETA: 1000 base points
Last edited by: Tri Bread: Jul 10, 17 5:52
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your link verifies what he said. "Base points"...I guess it needs to be defined but to me, base points would mean the bottom, the base, the minimum points.

Please note: When a race is deemed a non-wetsuit legal race, all athletes who choose to race in the wetsuit wave will receive base participation points in accordance with the All World Athlete age group ranking system.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
Your link verifies what he said. "Base points"...I guess it needs to be defined but to me, base points would mean the bottom, the base, the minimum points.

Please note: When a race is deemed a non-wetsuit legal race, all athletes who choose to race in the wetsuit wave will receive base participation points in accordance with the All World Athlete age group ranking system.

My English not so good always reading. đŸ˜•
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a distinct advantage over the rest of the field during the swim and you still get points? Prime example why AWA has almost nothing to do with performance and much more to do with how much you're willing to fork over to WTS. Your actual race result don't count but you can still be an "All World Athlete"!
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JVanderveen wrote:
Get a distinct advantage over the rest of the field during the swim and you still get points? Prime example why AWA has almost nothing to do with performance and much more to do with how much you're willing to fork over to WTS. Your actual race result don't count but you can still be an "All World Athlete"!

You get points but I just did a quick check in the AWA rankings and it would take WAY more points than the minimum to get even a bronze ranking.
Quote Reply
Re: AWA question [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do two 12 or 13 hour Ironmans and get your additional 1000 points for paying for a 70.3 and using your wetsuit in a non-suit swim and you have an All World Athlete - Gold status!
Quote Reply