Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Oh, I can eat any old shite, blah blah blah"
Quote | Reply
At the grand old age of 42, I struggle to keep the weight off. If I go near any crap like doughnuts, I just feel like crap. But also, I want to try and reduce illnesses and be as healthy as I can be.
I'm getting really annoyed with people who proclaim that they eat anything and everything and they are the healthiest people on the planet.
It seems it's a badge of honour
You see it on threads here when people ask for nutritional advice

We are all different

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Oh, I can eat any old shite, blah blah blah" [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you are referring to weight loss threads? In which case people are claiming they can eat anything and still lose weight, which is true as long as they are in a calorie deficit. I don't think anyone is claiming that a donut diet or similar is healthy even if they can lose weight on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that's the calibre of what annoys you, then consider yourself a lucky person.

Other people have real things to worry about and are happy for people like that.
Last edited by: Slunnie: Jul 9, 17 12:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting really annoyed with people who proclaim that they eat anything and everything and they are the healthiest people on the planet.

If they eat crap they are not the healthiest people on the planet, even if they repeat it over and over.

The problem is that people equate weight to health. If they aren't fat, they assume they are healthy. They might be able to eat anything and not gain weight (at least while they are young) but it has nothing to do with their health.
Quote Reply
Re: "Oh, I can eat any old shite, blah blah blah" [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my father was 5'9" 150lb all his life. but fast food diet is pretty much cause of his 3 heart attacks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:

We are all different

Well, we're not really.

Tens of thousands of years of evolution has seen to that pretty well. There are variances, to be sure, but the same general concepts apply to most everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little over 6 feet tall. At 42, I weighed 242. At 60, I weighed 174. While that's not light, I have a 33 inch waist, a 39 inch chest and at 14.5 inch neck. I looked pretty emaciated. As long as I ride at least 8 hrs/wk, I can eat almost anything. I average about 3600 calories per day.
Quote Reply