Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers
Quote | Reply
I saw the new Super Slice in person today. It's a good looking bike! The guy who was holding it commented that the geometry was "different" from bikes Cannondale has made in the past. In person, the bike looked fairly long and low. The frame itself looked very "narrow" especially the head tube. Looking at the head tube you'd expect a 1" steerer but I'm 95% sure it's actually 31.8mm. I *think* the cockpit was by FSA. I did not see any tilt option but maybe there's separate hardware. The bike was set up running eTap and if you look closely you can see the Blip Box mounted under the stem. Personally I prefer to mount my Blip Box on top of the stem so it hides behind my water bottle. I forgot to check tire clearance, sorry :/

Let's talk about SRAM's brake levers: they're hideous in my opinion. I don't really have a dog in the disc brake fight (I actually like the idea of through axles even if they're overkill for road) but SRAM's hydro levers are just... bleh. Also, I hope they're banking on that "one finger braking" because you'd be lucky to be more than one finger on the lever. Aero? I'd be shocked if they weren't some sort of a penalty especially at yaw. I'm also not entirely sure why they didn't make a provision for eTap. They're not cheap so anyone running these brakes will likely be running eTap. IMO if an external reservoir is needed they should consider making a version with a longer expander plug and making it so that you chop down the bullhorns a bit and then use the brake reservoir as a grip.

Edit 1: photo coming in a minute.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jul 9, 17 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 31.8mm steerer tube would be huge.
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree doesn't look like there is much brake to grab onto.

The stem looks great. Huge improvement from prior generation.

Paint scheme may not be for everyone, but I think it looks cool. Again an improvement!

Edit: still no storage solutions. A bit disappointing.
Last edited by: SBRinSD: Jul 9, 17 12:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard Shimano has a patent on brake levers with shifting which is why you don't see an eTap version

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
disc brakes aside (not for me, but whatever) I saw the SS at Pro Nats in person. Was a very good looking bike.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy hell, at that bull horn length!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I heard Shimano has a patent on brake levers with shifting which is why you don't see an eTap version

Wonder if they could have just left a nice hole to insert your own blip?
Kinda like TRP did for di2 satellite shifter with their Hylex hydro shifters.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:

Paint scheme may not be for everyone, but I think it looks cool. Again an improvement!

nice looking bike, but for triathlon they've missed a trick with no storage solution. With pretty much all the companies going in that direction that has to be a mistake.

Giant, Scott, Cervelo, Trek and Canyon all have better stock offerings in this regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

I've never heard anyone refer to steerer tube diameter in metric but 1.25" (essentially 31.8mm) is common for the bottom bearing on tapered steerers.
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

Ugh, math: 1 1/8"
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant to say 1 1/8". I was hungry when I posted that :p
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:

Yeah I didn't see any provisions for storage which is disappointing. I understand that they went for a "clean" look and that this is a UCI legal bike but that didn't stop Trek (or others).

Bike comes out in August (according to the guy who was holding it) so hopefully we'll get some more info from Cannondale soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but Sram did a piss poor job on these.
Quote Reply
Re: Seen in the Flesh: Cannondale's Super Slice and SRAM's Hydro Levers [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.
Quote Reply