Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

too good to pass up?
Quote | Reply
Was in LBS setting up a fit to buy my first tribike, leaning towards sc7.5 . LBS said, look at this first: 2017 bianchi infinito celeste, full ultegra, with 33 miles on it. guy bought it, too scared to ride roads, sold it to shop. Bike looks new, and shop owner is very good. price? 2000$; bike sells new for 4300$. I am 56, back issues, 200 lbs. I'm slow; I work like heck to maintain 15 mph over 6 hours, and about 1/3 of that is on my aerobars, clipon/madone. i'm positioned narrow/tall, when not in aerobars. My query: since I am a steady, slow rider anyway, should I forget the new sc 7.5 with a conservative position, and buy this gorgeous bianchi for 70.3, and maybe one more shot at 140? ie, since i'm a slow rider anyway, will riding an endurance frame (with clip-ons) matter, other than probably easing back issues? or, since I struggle to beat cutoff times as it is, do I need every advantage, and get the sc?? thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Re: too good to pass up? [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If can't stay in the aerobars the whole time or at least 90% of the time I wouldn't buy a tri bike. Maybe an aero road bike might be better. But if you can get a position you can hold a long time on the speed concept in aero I would get that.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot imagine much of difference going from clipon to clipon setup. If you want to trade out your madone for the infinito do it, but not for any time advantage.

I think getting properly fit SC will keep you in aero longer and provide significant savings.

Really you should do both. Get the SC and infinito then sell off the madone.
Quote Reply
Re: too good to pass up? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ THIS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised that no one else has said this, this being slowtwitch and all, but go get a good TRI for from a reputable tri fitter, and see if you can find a comfortable aero position. (See the FIST directory of fitters for recommendations)
No way to tell from info given here if you'll be able to work around back conditions, but it's far from impossible that you will. Let that determine bike purchases.
Quote Reply
Re: too good to pass up? [Trexlera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the input. you betcha, i have a fit scheduled this week.
Quote Reply