Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycle computer with ghost training partner
Quote | Reply
After some advice please?

Enjoying my climbing on the bike at the moment. Surprised myself other day on what should have been an easy ride. Took a friend of mine out for his first bike ride in years on a hybrid bike with flat bars etc. I was a bit cocky and decided to sandbag by riding my 29er mountain bike with knobbly tyres. He took off like an animal on a local climb and I had to ride my ass off to catch him back up. Hit max HR. When he actually gets conditioned for cycling and gets on a proper bike he is going to be a machine!

Few days later when I downloaded the data it was actually my fastest time EVER up that climb including on my road bike. I normally ride solo so I guess that goes to show the effect having someone to chase can have on you.

With that in mind I was wondering if there is a cycle computer that will let you race your own previous efforts like an arcade game. I've had devices that will do similar based on an average speed bit is there anything that will do it based on previous GPS data?

I think my TomTom watch might have this feature for running but any better solutions?

PS. I'm not on Strava.
Last edited by: InvictaScoop: Jul 9, 17 4:59
Quote Reply
Re: Cycle computer with ghost training partner [InvictaScoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
PS. I'm not on Strava

That's your problem here. Get on Strava and you should be able to load segments on a Garmin, Wahoo or other computer and "race" previous efforts.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycle computer with ghost training partner [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
That's your problem here. Get on Strava and you should be able to load segments on a Garmin, Wahoo or other computer and "race" previous efforts.

Hmmm, I may rejoin then as I noticed Garmin segments aren't very good. Often doesn't recognise I've passed through a segment.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycle computer with ghost training partner [InvictaScoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Garmin segments are essentially worthless.
Quote Reply