Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC 213: Nunes v. Shevchenko
Quote | Reply
Nunes hospitalized this morning. Her fight is postponed.

That sucks. Decent fight card, but I'm not dropping the coin with this match postponed.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 213: Nunes v. Shevchenko [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep. Pass
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

That sucks. Decent fight card, but I'm not dropping the coin with this match postponed.

Although she didn't look crazy drawn-out at weigh-ins, I'm going with an uncomfortable weight cut. If that is the case and she was medically cleared but refused to fight, she should be stripped of her title. A lesser known fighter would risk getting dropped from the promotion altogether. I'm tired of UFC champs being coddled.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 213: Nunes v. Shevchenko [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
JSA wrote:

Although she didn't look crazy drawn-out at weigh-ins, I'm going with an uncomfortable weight cut. If that is the case and she was medically cleared but refused to fight, she should be stripped of her title. A lesser known fighter would risk getting dropped from the promotion altogether. I'm tired of UFC champs being coddled.

Yep, I agree completely.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joanna Jedrzejczyk offered to step in at the last moment but UFC couldnt allow it. That would have been a fun fight to watch. For the first time in a while someone would have given JJ a run for her money.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 213: Nunes v. Shevchenko [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Joanna Jedrzejczyk offered to step in at the last moment but UFC couldnt allow it. That would have been a fun fight to watch. For the first time in a while someone would have given JJ a run for her money.

"Couldn't" or "wouldn't?"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
"Couldn't" or "wouldn't?"

Couldn't. Governing rules are that a set time prior to fight the figheters must weight, undergo medical and for females, u dergo pregnancy tests.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, didn't know that until I got to the bar. Pettis/Miller was an excellent fight. The rest were meh. Whittaker/Romero was 2 talented fighters having a technically good but visually unexciting fight.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC 213: Nunes v. Shevchenko [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Dana White threw her under the bus:

LAS VEGAS -- For the sake of argument, let’s take UFC president Dana White’s words at face value.

Let’s assume that White is absolutely correct in his belief Amanda Nunes could have fought Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 213 if she really wanted.

Let’s assume White was correct in focusing on the fact Nunes was cleared by a doctor on Friday (and ignore that Nunes said that in her first doctor visit, she was only checked for weight-cut issues and not sinusitis, her actual condition).

Let’s also assume White means what he said when he said Nunes is never going to headline again (we’ll shut off the part of our brain that instantly notes that Jon Jones is headlining UFC 214 in three weeks, just months after White said he’d never headline again).

Yes, let’s assume, just for now, that all of this is true. Even if everything White says is 100 percent accurate, how does this in any way help the UFC going forward?

https://www.mmafighting.com/...-nunes-under-the-bus

Quote Reply