Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Betty actually seem to be branching out beyond just women's gear. They designed the Hincapie Gran Fondo jersey: http://granfondohincapie.com/...apie-gran-fondo-kit/
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [Frenchietries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frenchietries wrote:
As a women myself I remember looking to buy my first tri kit and they were all black and ugly. Now there's more option (Betty designs, Soas, Smash, Coeur) and if it pleases us ladies then it's awesome because triathlon needs more women!

Another lady agreeing here. I only own one Betty tri top and a hat, but love the other designs. LOVE.

Related: When I was a vegetarian, I would literally get nauseous when I saw those "Fueled by Beef" tri jerseys (also, who knew the Texas Beef Council sponsors triathletes?!). Not liking what someone's jersey said was my personal problem, not anyone else's.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
I don't have a problem with clothing having curse words on it. It's your job to teach your children right from wrong.

How about a tri kit that says "No Fat Chicks"?

Here's a thought: Make these kits in kid sizes and see how many parents buy them for their little princesses. The answer will be zero.

It is a parent's job to teach their child right from wrong and people do have the right to wear what they want. But how about a little decorum so after the local tri my kid's not running around saying "You did epic shit, daddy!"
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my kids are already well aware of my epic shits
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lisac957 wrote:
Related: When I was a vegetarian,

Sorry, but whenever says something like "I used to be ..." something, I'm reminded
of the time I was hanging out in the Spectrum parking lot before a show once and a girl who was there with us said, rather offhandedly, "When I used to be a DeadHead ..."

My girlfriend said - under her breath - "You never were"

"Excuse me???!!! BITCH!!!"

"If you can say 'I used to be a DeadHead' then you never REALLY were ... you Wookie-fucking SLUT"

The cat-fight that ensued was awesome AND hilarious

OK, got that out there; carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see how shit and ass are cuss words.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Are we really hurting "younger ones"?

Won't someone think of the children?!?!

Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [Frenchietries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with you. I like wearing fun kits.

I own 4 Betty Designs kits, two have no writing on them at all, the other two both say Betty Designs and one of those also says #CanadianBetty because it's the maple leaf version. I buy and wear this stuff because I like how it looks and how it fits me and because it's good quality. I don't get riled up about marketing/branding - to me it's more important to look at the actual product and if it suits me.

I also still wear my Oiselle stuff even though I don't agree with their decision to have Kelly Roberts represent the brand given her admitted bandit-ing etc.

Anybody else remember the French Connection UK t-shirts from the early 2000s? My dad has a great sense of humour and bought them for me (I was about 16/17) - some adults we knew were horrified. Each to their own.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
my kids are already well aware of my epic shits

Well done...
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I also still wear my Oiselle stuff even though I don't agree with their decision to have Kelly Roberts represent the brand given her admitted bandit-ing etc.

I was going to mention that, but wasn't quite sure how to work it into the conversation

One could also make a case to include Oiselle in the Wattie Ink thread, to speak to their Volée brand ambassador program

https://www.racked.com/...le-running-marketing

Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw someone post their latest line on social media.

F*CK CANCER emblazoned in large print on the kits.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
There is a local company (in Montreal) that started a nice line for women. It seems to be catching on here

https://bravatriathlon.ca/pages/lookbook

Had never heard of this company before, but love their designs! Thanks for linking. I wonder how difficult it is to get it shipped to the US...?
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Sean H wrote:
I don't have a problem with clothing having curse words on it. It's your job to teach your children right from wrong.

How about a tri kit that says "No Fat Chicks"?

Here's a thought: Make these kits in kid sizes and see how many parents buy them for their little princesses. The answer will be zero.

It is a parent's job to teach their child right from wrong and people do have the right to wear what they want. But how about a little decorum so after the local tri my kid's not running around saying "You did epic shit, daddy!"

Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:

I was going to mention that, but wasn't quite sure how to work it into the conversation

One could also make a case to include Oiselle in the Wattie Ink thread, to speak to their Volée brand ambassador program

https://www.racked.com/...le-running-marketing

I wasn't aware of this...but really?? PAYING to do a company's advertising for them? I'd like to see the psychological analysis of these people. In my mind, it's nothing short of a fraternity/sorority mentality.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
omg I love the Brava stuff thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckily there are a lot of other options... Tri Sirena, Coeur, Smash etc. I'm loving that new brands are emerging!
Quote Reply
Re: "Betty" race clothing and whatever other brands.... [stefaniann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For swimwear try Splish. I bought my girlfriend a Miss Marvel / Wonderwoman one piece and she loves it. They have hundred of designs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next