Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elites- Qualified by non-draft and moved to DL racing?
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine too many people on this forum could answer but is there anyone here that has qualified for their pro card,for example, in a 70.3 elite qualifying race and jumped into the CAMTRI events?

I get there is a big difference in the format but logistically but may open up another door to qualify and get their foot in the door.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Elites- Qualified by non-draft and moved to DL racing? [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I did it that way, once you have your elite license you can enter.
Quote Reply
Re: Elites- Qualified by non-draft and moved to DL racing? [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine too many people on this forum could answer //

No not too many, but one with your answer, I love this place!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some of the D1 stud runners a 70.3 actually is likely *easier* pathway to elite card (for which you use it for itu) than DL edr's such as clermont.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my wife essentially did this back now 15+ years ago. She started with long course, got recognized as a talented swimmer-runner, and was encouraged to make the shift from Ironman to ITU. In 2001, she was 10th in Kona. In 2004, she went to the Olympics for Canada. Not quite the typical progression, but I also don't think she's the only one. Historically, the trend has overwhelmingly been to progress from draft-legal to non-draft, but certainly it can go the other way.

I do think this was more typical back when short-course non-drafting was more popular, as you had athletes that would make a go of the big national short-course non-draft races and then shift to draft-legal. Cam Dye has *sort of* done this, in terms of going from short-course non-draft to draft-legal team-relay.

Anyway, an elite license is an elite license. I did my first (and only) draft-legal race in 2007, after racing two years of 70.3.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Elites- Qualified by non-draft and moved to DL racing? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answers guys. I have my game plan!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply