Re: what vehicle should I get? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Good dog. Give her a pat for me.

will do!
Quote Reply
Re: what vehicle should I get? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know I'm never going to convince you and that's a-ok.

I traded in a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a 2012 AWD Toyota Sienna. With snow tires on it, the Toyota would run circles around the Jeep. It was way better in the snow than the Jeep ever was. It obviously did not have the same clearance so if the snow got really deep the Jeep would have likely been better, but for every day snow driving that Sienna was great. It was also noticeably better than my wife's BMW X5 which also had snow tires on it. I'm not sure why but that car was phenomenal in the snow.

I would take another Sienna in a second. I would be highly reluctant to own another Jeep. I know one car is "cooler" than the other one, but having owned both I know what direction I would go.

Subaru makes a great AWD car. All kinds of great rides out there. I'm a car nut. I love cool cars and spend a little too much time reading car magazines. I'm also a minivan-believer. I never thought I would say that but there it is....

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: what vehicle should I get? [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daily back and forth to the office (round trip 40 miles) plus housecalls and rounds to the hospital and the long trips for vacations and general ferrying kids around to track meets, track practice field trips etc. Also the son is in university 130 miles away 5-6 trips a year round trip for him moving back and forth moving him and his stuff to summer job. Last weekend went to open water swim race 150 miles round trip. My mom is three hours away and I try to get to see her 3-4 times per year. Maybe I exaggerated a bit it might be 6 years old I can never remember exactly how old it is. And round trip to pool twice a week which is 25 miles. If you were doing a 40 mile round trip to work that would be 200 a week 50 weeks a year is 10K right there. Oh and I forgot we got broadsided (me and my son) by a suzuki swift going about 30-40 miles and hour and we were uninjured. Thats how I got the current Sienna insurance company replaced the one that got hit which was a write off.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Jul 7, 17 15:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next