Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Props to ENVE
Quote | Reply
I know there has been a few threads regarding delays in ENVE shipping/orders recently. I just wanted to jump on here to give credit when credit is due...which is ENVE customer service and shipping :-). I had ordered a set of bars on Monday (fully realizing that Tuesday was a holiday) hoping they would ship on Wednesday and hopefully arrive to me by Saturday. I hadn't received any shipping notifications yesterday or by noon today so I shot them a quick email simply asking about shipment...was not angry or anything of the sorts...just inquired and mentioned I had hoped to receive them by Saturday. Fast forward to about 20 minutes ago and I receive a shipment notification from ENVE stating my package was leaving the warehouse today via Next Day Air and will be at my door tomorrow :-) That's pretty damn impressive in my book and worth noting.

Thanks ENVE!
More than satisfied customer :-)

http://www.slfmotion.com
Instagram - @SLFMotion
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [superx421] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superx421 wrote:
I know there has been a few threads regarding delays in ENVE shipping/orders recently. I just wanted to jump on here to give credit when credit is due...which is ENVE customer service and shipping :-). I had ordered a set of bars on Monday (fully realizing that Tuesday was a holiday) hoping they would ship on Wednesday and hopefully arrive to me by Saturday. I hadn't received any shipping notifications yesterday or by noon today so I shot them a quick email simply asking about shipment...was not angry or anything of the sorts...just inquired and mentioned I had hoped to receive them by Saturday. Fast forward to about 20 minutes ago and I receive a shipment notification from ENVE stating my package was leaving the warehouse today via Next Day Air and will be at my door tomorrow :-) That's pretty damn impressive in my book and worth noting.

Thanks ENVE!
More than satisfied customer :-)

The only way ENVE deserves props is if they are paying the next day air costs........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still waiting for the 3k wheels purchased end of may, sigh!
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [nole-limit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nole-limit wrote:

Meanwhile I am having trouble unloading a brand new Zipp 808 NSW front with Silca rim tape installed for $1000 + shipping. Behold the power of Enve. I'll admit, somehow they did a fantastic job of building a valuable brand that gets people to wait and pull full price almost like an Apple like cult. In addition on ST right now I am looking at a Knight banner advertising wheels at $1699. That is either very good product / topic placement or maybe just a coincidence, but regardless clearly not every brand has that "Enve" cachet

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
nole-limit wrote:

Meanwhile I am having trouble unloading a brand new Zipp 808 NSW front with Silca rim tape installed for $1000 + shipping. Behold the power of Enve. I'll admit, somehow they did a fantastic job of building a valuable brand that gets people to wait and pull full price almost like an Apple like cult. In addition on ST right now I am looking at a Knight banner advertising wheels at $1699. That is either very good product / topic placement or maybe just a coincidence, but regardless clearly not every brand has that "Enve" cachet

After riding them, clearly not everyone has ENVEs quality. Zips do not even compare. Worth waiting for, and I have had good experiences with their CS so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you not see the irony of berating Enve for creating a brand that people want to buy into then immediately after talk about having a brand new Zipp wheel...? If any brand is guilty of getting people to shell out silly amounts of money for the name it's Zipp
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [lbmxj560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lbmxj560 wrote:
Do you not see the irony of berating Enve for creating a brand that people want to buy into then immediately after talk about having a brand new Zipp wheel...? If any brand is guilty of getting people to shell out silly amounts of money for the name it's Zipp

Definitely NOT berating Enve, I owned a set of 7.8 SES and I have another set on order. I do think there is sometimes a disconnect between reality and perception, and those that allow themselves to be influenced by marketing and other biases. This is contrast to looking at the engineering first and trying to turn a blind eye to marketing. Little tidbits like the following from JoshP yesterday (link to different ST thread) reiterate how much further Zipp goes, or at least shows, to understanding the limitation of materials and design in the building of wheels to create a superior and more reliable product.

I have never seen the same sort of information come out from Enve. I have never seen the same sort of technical expertise dedicated to say this very message board. The fact that they state you can't use latex tubes in their wheels without any real explanation or the fact that they insist a 25mm tire is superior aerodynamically than the same 23mm when my own independent testing would say otherwise. At the end of the day I hold Enve in high regard but I think they have done a better job at marketing than engineering. That is not say that they DON'T do great engineering. On the flip side for example, I think HED's engineering is much stronger than their marketing. We all have strengths and weakness, even if that weakness is pretty strong it is still a weakness. Enve is one of the few companies who make wheels that I would ride and trust with my body.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

Definitely NOT berating Enve, I owned a set of 7.8 SES and I have another set on order. I do think there is sometimes a disconnect between reality and perception, and those that allow themselves to be influenced by marketing and other biases. This is contrast to looking at the engineering first and trying to turn a blind eye to marketing. Little tidbits like the following from JoshP yesterday (link to different ST thread) reiterate how much further Zipp goes, or at least shows, to understanding the limitation of materials and design in the building of wheels to create a superior and more reliable product.

I have never seen the same sort of information come out from Enve. I have never seen the same sort of technical expertise dedicated to say this very message board. The fact that they state you can't use latex tubes in their wheels without any real explanation or the fact that they insist a 25mm tire is superior aerodynamically than the same 23mm when my own independent testing would say otherwise. At the end of the day I hold Enve in high regard but I think they have done a better job at marketing than engineering. That is not say that they DON'T do great engineering. On the flip side for example, I think HED's engineering is much stronger than their marketing. We all have strengths and weakness, even if that weakness is pretty strong it is still a weakness. Enve is one of the few companies who make wheels that I would ride and trust with my body.

Why are you selling the NSW wheel and getting a second set of 7.8's?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Props to ENVE [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

Why are you selling the NSW wheel and getting a second set of 7.8's?

Mainly because I like the option to go tubeless and as someone who travels to races I like to have a middle ground wheel that is not as deep as the 808 for a front in case winds get crazy. I was trying to get the NSW for the wind tunnel test but it didn't come in time. I am happy with how the Corsa Speed tests on the Enve 7 seeing as I tested it at the tunnel myself, I would have liked to test the NSW but didn't get a chance. I don't believe manufacturer data when it comes to wheel/tires etc.

Quote Reply