Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot)
Quote | Reply
First: I thought the Grammy (and Juno) award-winning Canadian singer -- widely acclaimed as the greatest rocker in her country's history ;-) -- was a lot older than 49.

Second: Who was clamoring for this?

Third: Is she trying to stay relevant? She's had a very successful Las Vegas residency. What's next, Branson? ;-)

Conclusion: She should be happy with what she's had. And still has. No need for this stuff.

Celine Dion poses nude in Vogue photo shoot

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 6, 17 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: Celine DIon Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

I would say almost no one :)

She's definitely not one of those singers where her looks had as much to do with her success as her voice.
Quote Reply
Re: Celine DIon Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did think it was a bit odd. Easier than getting a tattoo?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know. Don't care. Maybe she's going through a midlife crisis. Maybe she's always wanted to pose nude. Maybe the photog suggested it and she simply said "sure what the hell?".

In any event, it changes nada in regards to my feelings toward her (which are general indifference).

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a pretty non-nude nude picture. I guess I could say I am sitting in my office nude because under my clothes I'm not wearing anything.

Whatever floats her boat. It is just skin, everybody has it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Third: Is she trying to stay relevant? She's had a very successful Las Vegas residency. What's next, Branson? ;-)

That's just it though. Her job relies on her popularity. She can coast on that in Vegas releasing a minimum of work to stay in the public eye (just like Britney Spears) but that will only carry her so far. Eventually without releasing material / trying to stay relevant she will be forgotten and cast aside for whoever comes next.

It's like fitness. It's easier to maintain it than it is to achieve it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
First: I thought the Grammy (and Juno) award-winning Canadian singer --
widely acclaimed as the greatest rocker in her country's history ;-) -- was a lot older than 49.

Blech, ralph
Here's one of the greatest Canadian rockers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzhQXG7OfY
Last edited by: 50+: Jul 6, 17 8:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a nude? I've quite literally seen things more sexy at every public pool and beach I've ever been to. That's the nude equivalent of a racy sun-dress.
Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
widely acclaimed as the greatest rocker in her country's history ;-) -- was a lot older than 49.

Blech, ralph

Mahogany Rush was one of my favorite bands in the 1970s. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Blech, ralph

I always thought Marino was a primo guitarist and rock and roll singer. Here's one of his AOR hits from the early 80s:

Strange Dreams, from the Marino solo album "Juggernaut" in 1982:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9Ee64XYsY

Last edited by: big kahuna: Jul 6, 17 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: Celine DIon Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

She's definitely not one of those singers where her looks had as much to do with her success as her voice.

Interestingly enough, her most famous song is made much more awesome by taking her out of it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We saw her Vegas show about 9 years ago. It was probably the worst 90 minutes I've ever had in Las Vegas. I'd rather lose $100 a hand at black jack for 90 minutes straight. I'd rather pick up a tranny hooker and pay triple.
She had a nice voice. But is the least attractive famous person that I can think of.
Yuck.
Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timboricki wrote:
We saw her Vegas show about 9 years ago. It was probably the worst 90 minutes I've ever had in Las Vegas. I'd rather lose $100 a hand at black jack for 90 minutes straight. I'd rather pick up a tranny hooker and pay triple.
She had a nice voice. But is the least attractive famous person that I can think of.
Yuck.

Don't hold back, buddy. Tell us what you really think about her. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
That is a pretty non-nude nude picture. I guess I could say I am sitting in my office nude because under my clothes I'm not wearing anything.

This.

Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

some skin is more equal than other skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celine Dion walks into a bar. Bartender asks her, "Why the long face?"
Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:

Now that's cold. And hardly the way to treat Canada's greatest rock star. Ever. In the history of everything. ;-) ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Celine Dion/Geddy Lee walks into a bar. Bartender asks her, "Why the long face?"

celine, geddy, a moose...i see a trend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just heard that Shania Twain is back in music after a long hiatus. Given a choice, that would be the 50y.o. Canadian singer i'dwant to see doing nude photoshoots.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:

Celine says "People think I'm Sarah Jessica Parker"

Bartender says "You mean you're not? Anyway, I thought you were American Pharaoh"

"Would an American have this ridiculous accent?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Celine Dion Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
I just heard that Shania Twain is back in music after a long hiatus. Given a choice, that would be the 50y.o. Canadian singer i'dwant to see doing nude photoshoots.

That's her on the left. Haven't the foggiest who's on the right. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Celine DIon Must Be Looking for Some Bucks (Vogue Photoshoot) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Interestingly enough, her most famous song is made much more awesome by taking her out of it

That was awful. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.
Last edited by: DJRed: Jul 7, 17 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good ref BK about Marino. I did not know this person. FWIW, Celine Dion is a distant (very) cousin of mine. My Granddad was a Quebecois Mainer.

Tony Verow MD
Durango, CO 81301
Averow@bresnan.net
Quote Reply