Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tour de France a Snooze [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
The tour has been boring since Armstrong and Ulrich left. Truth hurts.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe a bit less ironic...I'll give you that. :-)
Last edited by: zamm0: Jul 7, 17 0:28
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France a Snooze [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zamm0 wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
The tour has been boring since Armstrong and Ulrich left. Truth hurts.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe a bit less ironic...I'll give you that. :-)

What's the irony?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France a Snooze [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
aerobike wrote:

Not sure what race you were watching

Stage 15 of the 2016 Vuelta. It was unreal. And I'm a Contador hater from his dominant days. But there is no better bike racing. If you didn't like that stage, you're just not a road racing fan. Because that stage was just filthy, filthy stuff.

Also Contador was awesome in this year's Paris-Nice. Came up 2 seconds short, but he dropped every bomb he had.

Yeah, he's definitely the most outsider of outsiders in the TDF. His pathways to the podium are narrow and unlikely. But if he catches a glimpse of one of those pathways, like a heavy cross wind, he'll turn the stage into a full up Paris-Roubaix-style slugfest. He'll make everyone race their bikes. And that's always fun to watch.

Just having Contador in the race creates uncertainty. It's not so much about Contador's personal outcome, it's the carnage that his brilliant, but largely self detonation trajectory, that changes the dynamic of everyone around. That one ambush in the Vuelta from way out was just awesome. I think he realizes that his best chance to get on the podium of even win is in such a move. That's what I am waiting for and he has enough horsepower wtih Pontano and Mollema on his own team, along with allies from other teams to pull it off again. I just can't imagine he will show up to the TdF and just race in Indurain metronome mode all the way to the TT (only to get smoked there).
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France a Snooze [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because it might've been good viewing for some but it turned out to be a sham. Today it's likely to be *somewhat* more clean. You could also argue that Froome is less dominant than LA was too, which surely makes today less of a snooze-fest?
Quote Reply

Prev Next